Why can I barely read posts...

This is the place for you to post any issues or suggestions for the forum.
Prodigy

Postby Prodigy » Thu Dec 14, 2000 3:49 pm

I checked out my old posts, and they were displayed in white text (unlike now where the text is diplayed in black). What should I do?
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Thu Dec 14, 2000 4:14 pm

I will overview the HTML code for a few threads.
Please try to locate the exact thread for me where the problem starts, and give me the thread where it starts, and the thread before it, and I'll look into some coding problems. The text SHOULD be white for you, but if you can pinpoint the area for me it will save me several hours of work.
Post what you find here and I'll get back to you.

------------------
The only difference between a fool and an eccentric are your beliefs in their ideas.
Fear grows out of the things we think; it lives in our minds. Compassion grows out of the things we are, and lives in our hearts.
My site
Makaveli

Postby Makaveli » Fri Dec 15, 2000 4:28 pm

Ok I went back and found when this problem started. Well the last post that I am actually able to read takes place on 12-10 at 4:03pm. Starting 12-10 at 5:01pm the writing in all posts appears black and is VERY difficult to read unless i highlight it. Again i doubt its the monitor cuz i have a newer HP computer and i have never had problems with any other sites. Let me know if you get a chance what you thing the problem might be

------------------
1998 Celica GT Convertible (system in progress)
70 Cutlass
http://hometown.aol.com/subs4bass/myhomepage/index.html
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Fri Dec 15, 2000 5:11 pm

Thank you makaveli, that was what I needed, I will go over the coding and get back to you with what I find- I'd suggest you visit windows update and download the latest VM first and foremost...

------------------
The only difference between a fool and an eccentric are your beliefs in their ideas.
Fear grows out of the things we think; it lives in our minds. Compassion grows out of the things we are, and lives in our hearts.
My site
musthavemuzk

Postby musthavemuzk » Fri Dec 15, 2000 5:42 pm

well last night i got the latest VM. and it did not help me any.
was here a few minutes agot and got frustrated so i left. opened the forum up in nutscrape 4.76 and OMG was it ever nice to read. everything was so clear and readable.
so i am guessing it has something to do with the latest SP for IE5.5 mayb. that is if my memory serves me correct. i think all was ok til i got that. only problem is i don't remember the exact date.
once again my $.02
which brings the total to ????

------------------
What don't kill us only makes us stronger.
Ask me no questions and i shall tell you no lies.
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Fri Dec 15, 2000 6:02 pm

I changed some HTML code on the main threads, check my post and let me know.
Must- your problem is client side, I have no control as to how the fonts display on your PC, only size and color. (well I can make them hazy, but the coding is NOT in there)
I'd suggest you reset IE's settings to default and clear your cache... all of it.

------------------
My site
musthavemuzk

Postby musthavemuzk » Fri Dec 15, 2000 10:47 pm

ok now that it is pretty much determined that my fuzzyness is client side i will have to figure it out. i also get the fuzzyness at msn.com elites forums, among other sites.
so i guess that will be my next project. i have been debating whether or not to format again. mayb i will finish saving what i want to and just start from scratch. of course this is worst case.
thanx
Monty

------------------
It is not the speed that kills you. It is the crash at the end.
Makaveli

Postby Makaveli » Fri Dec 15, 2000 11:51 pm

Hey I can see again Image
I gotta go catch up on all the posts i haven't read yet
thanks for takin care of that problem so quickly jlaine
you da man

------------------
1998 Celica GT Convertible (system in progress)
70 Cutlass
http://hometown.aol.com/subs4bass/myhomepage/index.html
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Wed Dec 20, 2000 3:48 pm

Anytime my man.. if anything else comes up be sure to mention it.

------------------
My site

Return to “Bug Report / Suggestions”