"new posts" linking

This is the place for you to post any issues or suggestions for the forum.
User avatar
black300zx
New Member
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: philly

"new posts" linking

Postby black300zx » Mon May 01, 2006 6:58 pm

When you're on the home page, and click a link in the "new posts" column, it takes you to the first page in the thread. I believe it also does this on the forums page where it displays the newest post in that sub-forum.

Anyway to make it take you to the mast recent post, rather than the first?
Eclipse 8443

JL 300/4
ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies
peerless exclusive 8" midbasses

(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(

check out my ride
User avatar
jlaine
Posts: 18345
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 1999 1:00 pm
Location: Ely, Mn
Contact:

Postby jlaine » Mon May 01, 2006 7:55 pm

black300zx wrote:When you're on the home page, and click a link in the "new posts" column, it takes you to the first page in the thread. I believe it also does this on the forums page where it displays the newest post in that sub-forum.

Anyway to make it take you to the mast recent post, rather than the first?


On the main page itself?

That system has always been that way, I'll see if I can modify it to accomodate what you're talking about though. About the only way I can think off right away is to expand it into the middle, which takes up too much space.
Yo.
User avatar
black300zx
New Member
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: philly

Postby black300zx » Mon May 01, 2006 8:02 pm

jlaine wrote:On the main page itself?

That system has always been that way, I'll see if I can modify it to accomodate what you're talking about though. About the only way I can think off right away is to expand it into the middle, which takes up too much space.


Like right now on the home page, on the right hand side there's the column "recent threads". The top one listed is the Ben Milne Love Parade. If I click it, it takes me to the first post in the thread, then I need to click the last page button. It would be cool if the link went right to the newest post, rather than the first post.

The "forums" page does it already, I was mistaken origionally.
Eclipse 8443



JL 300/4

ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies

peerless exclusive 8" midbasses



(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(



check out my ride
User avatar
jlaine
Posts: 18345
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 1999 1:00 pm
Location: Ely, Mn
Contact:

Postby jlaine » Mon May 01, 2006 8:11 pm

black300zx wrote:Like right now on the home page, on the right hand side there's the column "recent threads". The top one listed is the Ben Milne Love Parade. If I click it, it takes me to the first post in the thread, then I need to click the last page button. It would be cool if the link went right to the newest post, rather than the first post.

The "forums" page does it already, I was mistaken origionally.


Understood... I'll look into changing it to adapt - I may need to tweak the layout some to allow it though.
Yo.
User avatar
X-OvrDistortion
New Member
Posts: 10182
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:00 am
Location: Blacker then the blackest black times infinity
Contact:

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Mon May 01, 2006 10:45 pm

If you look you will see 3 dots that resemble an arrow. Those will take you to the last post of the thread. You will see them on all threads from a forum view. Does that make sense?
User avatar
jlaine
Posts: 18345
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 1999 1:00 pm
Location: Ely, Mn
Contact:

Postby jlaine » Mon May 01, 2006 10:47 pm

X-OvrDistortion wrote:If you look you will see 3 dots that resemble an arrow. Those will take you to the last post of the thread. You will see them on all threads from a forum view. Does that make sense?


I always forget about that damn thing...
Yo.
User avatar
black300zx
New Member
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: philly

Postby black300zx » Mon May 01, 2006 10:53 pm

X-OvrDistortion wrote:If you look you will see 3 dots that resemble an arrow. Those will take you to the last post of the thread. You will see them on all threads from a forum view. Does that make sense?


In the forum view, even clicking on the thread title takes you to the last post. I'm talking about on the main home page, the "recent threads" column takes you to the first post in the thread.

It's only an extra mouse click, and it doesn't bother me at all. I just figured I'd throw it out there as a suggestion if it was something that could easily be changed.
Eclipse 8443



JL 300/4

ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies

peerless exclusive 8" midbasses



(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(



check out my ride
User avatar
jlaine
Posts: 18345
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 1999 1:00 pm
Location: Ely, Mn
Contact:

Postby jlaine » Mon May 01, 2006 11:00 pm

black300zx wrote:In the forum view, even clicking on the thread title takes you to the last post. I'm talking about on the main home page, the "recent threads" column takes you to the first post in the thread.

It's only an extra mouse click, and it doesn't bother me at all. I just figured I'd throw it out there as a suggestion if it was something that could easily be changed.


It's there on the main home page...

Click on the little arrow image to the left of the line that says "last post by XXXX"
Yo.
User avatar
black300zx
New Member
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: philly

Postby black300zx » Mon May 01, 2006 11:06 pm

jlaine wrote:It's there on the main home page...

Click on the little arrow image to the left of the line that says "last post by XXXX"


ahhhh - didn't see it hidden on the left :) sweet!
Eclipse 8443



JL 300/4

ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies

peerless exclusive 8" midbasses



(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(



check out my ride

Return to “Bug Report / Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest