future (way in the future) setup ?

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
ritual

future (way in the future) setup ?

Postby ritual » Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:02 am

after owning two adire audio products, im looking into going adire with a future HT setup. for the fronts and center channel, i was thinking about the Kit281 setup that they have. for a sub, i have the shiva already, and i think ill use that, unless i feel spendy and get a tempest or another brahma :D
now what im wondering is what to do for the surrounds. if i got a 6x100W receiver, shoud i go with the same kind of speaker for the surrounds, or should i step down and get a Kit81 (single 8" woofer instead of 2 with the 281) i wouldnt think i'd need the 281 setup for the surrounds, but would the sound be drastically different?
Alpine CDA-9815, Arc Audio 4150, Morel WR-6 midbass, Morel MDT-105s tweeters, JBL 1200.1, Adire Audio Brahma 12"
loud enough for you to hear
jlaine

Re: future (way in the future) setup ?

Postby jlaine » Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:21 am

Originally posted by ritual
after owning two adire audio products, im looking into going adire with a future HT setup. for the fronts and center channel, i was thinking about the Kit281 setup that they have. for a sub, i have the shiva already, and i think ill use that, unless i feel spendy and get a tempest or another brahma :D
now what im wondering is what to do for the surrounds. if i got a 6x100W receiver, shoud i go with the same kind of speaker for the surrounds, or should i step down and get a Kit81 (single 8" woofer instead of 2 with the 281) i wouldnt think i'd need the 281 setup for the surrounds, but would the sound be drastically different?

No, actually your timbre should be pretty close to dead on. I'm going full MTM for all my channels, *just because*. But for solely surround purposes, the Kit81 should be MORE than enough for most tastes. I find it typically best to try and match your surrounds to your front section, and in this case you are heading down the right alley with it...
Yo.
davidjs

Postby davidjs » Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:13 am

(Just a thought if you have $$ right now, the kit prices are increasing in the near future, and there's a group buy going right now for even more savings... I can give you the coupon if you want)

Oh, and there's also a kit 281 center channel coming (it's big, but cool), or you can go w/ matched speakers across the front
Drinking from the firehose... care to join me for a sip??
"Always and never are two words you should always remember to never use..."
**Almost done, almost done**
aka Saleen999
ritual

Postby ritual » Mon Apr 15, 2002 11:18 am

unfortunately, no, no i dont have the money now. :(
i was going to use the kit281 for fronts, but they are coming with a new setup? i was gonna have the front L/R ported and the center sealed. diff crossover maybe?
Alpine CDA-9815, Arc Audio 4150, Morel WR-6 midbass, Morel MDT-105s tweeters, JBL 1200.1, Adire Audio Brahma 12"

loud enough for you to hear
davidjs

Postby davidjs » Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:57 pm

The new center is different crossover, believe it might even be a 3way setup as well... dan's just doing his hinting, hasn't really committed to anything yet... ;)
Drinking from the firehose... care to join me for a sip??

"Always and never are two words you should always remember to never use..."

**Almost done, almost done**

aka Saleen999
nismo

Postby nismo » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:26 pm

how much would a 5 speaker setup cost with the kit281's? *not including mdf or the accessories, just the drivers*

eric
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:38 pm

Originally posted by nismo240sx
how much would a 5 speaker setup cost with the kit281's? *not including mdf or the accessories, just the drivers*

eric

Eric, the KIT281 goes for 184.50 shipped, per system. Includes drivers, crossovers, input terminals, and mounting hardware, you just need to supply the cabinets and ports (if you choose to port them)

For a system of 5 your total would be 922.50 to your door, then factor in your building materials and you are set.
Yo.
nismo

Postby nismo » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:41 pm

thanx...

hey, i know the bipole/dipole thing is starting to get bigger...is there any way to make these 281's bi/di?

eric
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:50 pm

Originally posted by nismo240sx
thanx...

hey, i know the bipole/dipole thing is starting to get bigger...is there any way to make these 281's bi/di?

eric

You could, but you are looking at a new crossover design, which means an included design fee for such... You are free to incorporate it in all of them then, and will be given the results in a PDF file, showing their measured results, including crossover schematic, and response/impedance curves.

Personally, I've never seen the need so far... Perhaps I will with my new living room and more space... :cool:
Yo.
nismo

Postby nismo » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:58 pm

well, i am seriously considering replacing my infinity rs4's, and my cc-3...so if i do, i may as well get the bi/di's done. if i did that, id probably look to share the design cost with someone tho.

eric

Return to “Home Audio/Video”