pre-amp out receivers

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
unrealjet

pre-amp out receivers

Postby unrealjet » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 pm

can some people tell me some pre-amp out receivers they would suggest? i know pioneer has the vsx-1014 and above but im trying to look around on ebay and want some more options. thanks a bunch
Luda

Postby Luda » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:06 pm

most HUs on the market have Pre outs, look around on crutchfield, find what you like. then hit up ebay to buy it
JimJ[VT]

Postby JimJ[VT] » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:24 pm

Hint - he's not looking for a head unit ;)

Can you afford a component amplifier now, or is this just for system flexibility in the future? Because you could always buy a dedicated line preamp and not even need to deal with a receiver.
Luda

Postby Luda » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:24 pm

yea... i figured that out after i made the post... i was like wait a minute... VSX is a designation Pioneer uses for the HUs... and yea... i gotcha... srry cant help though
unrealjet

Postby unrealjet » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:46 pm

background on my system, my sub is running off a 1kw plate amp, and my 2 speakers are running off a crown xls202 amp. I might sell the speakers and crown amp and get new stuff but im def getting more speakers and would like to be able to run it off my dvd player and into my tv and all that and still use my comp as an input......( currently running through my computer) figured best way to do this way with a preout receiver.....
JimJ[VT]

Postby JimJ[VT] » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:56 pm

If you already have the Crown, no reason to get a receiver.

I'd look into just a line level preamplifier...what's your budget?
unrealjet

Postby unrealjet » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:41 pm

im going to want to add more speakers though for surround, can i do that with a preamp or w.e? i dont want to spend more than 400 on the receiver less if possible
unrealjet

Postby unrealjet » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:43 pm

bump??? can anybody help me out? if i dont get any replies i might just go with a pre out receiver from pioneer or something, not sure what im doing here
ballstothewall

Postby ballstothewall » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:22 pm

I enjoy my behringer T1953 rack preamp. You might want to upgrade the tubes while your at it also, I personally went with the EI Elite Golds (matched pairt) and I'm loving the sound.
Mike S.

Postby Mike S. » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:02 am

"The Behringer T1953 Tube Ultragain is a Two channel Mic/Line Tube Preamp with phantom power. It's design using Behringer's Ultra-Tube circuitry which basically runs the signal through a 12AX7 tube for adding tube warmth to the sound. The Tube is not used as a preamp but rather as a signal enhancement. The actual Preamplication is done using the low-noise high-gain 4580 audio op amps. These op amps are very reliable and clean sounding. They can handle more abuse than other IC opamps."

Interesting....a SS pre-amp with a tube buffer. Still, it would be fun to tube roll with the warmth feature. Mullard, Amperex, Telefunken, Raytheon, Sylvania, RCA, I could have a heyday.....

Return to “Home Audio/Video”