pre-amp out receivers

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
eezip

Postby eezip » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:34 am

I have a H/K reciever with 7.1 preouts. I don't place the highest importance on home theater, but I'm quite happy with my system for movies and TV. Check out http://www.harmanaudio.com for great deals on their gear. Denon recievers are also a good choice from my limited experience, but they're costly.

Can you give us a budget?

I think a reciever gives you a lot more flexibility than can be found except in much more expensive gear. My AVR235 decodes all the standard def DVD formats, plus gives me all the switching I need; alas, I have no digital video sources yet. A Yamaha VX-2600 has HDMI switching and video upconversion, so if you can swing $1k that's another box I'd suggest checking out. As suggested earlier, Crutchfield has a decent search engine and pictures so that's a good place to check things out before you head to stores to see products in the flesh.
HT: Sony KV-27FS13 | Oppo DV-981HD | Denon AVR-2807 | 7x Cambridge MC100 | Acoustic Research ARPR1010 || Stereo: Dynaudio Audience 42 | Hales Concept 3 prototypes | wouldn't you like to know... :)

Home PC: Yamaha RP-U100 | B&W LM-1 | Mpyre 65x || Work PC: Yamaha RP-U100 | QSC AD-S32T | Sony MDR-V600

Return to “Home Audio/Video”