Bass for dorm rats

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
westend

Bass for dorm rats

Postby westend » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:07 pm

I see a lot of guys on here looking to make a sub enclosure for their dorm room or home theater setup. I think I might have the solution. I was over at the neighbor's today and he has two EV prosound subs in enclosures. I think they are 18" but could be 15". The model number was something like ALX-606 or close to that. Sorry I didn't think of getting them so I was not too concerned about the specific model. They did have a rating of 600w.. These were used for sound reinforcement and have eyehooks in the tops for purpose of hanging. I did a search over at Electrovoice and this model is the closest I could find:http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/EDS/Xw15%20EDS.pdf The cabinet layout is the same but does NOT have the high frequency horn. If anyone is interested they can PM me and we can discuss. These are located west of the Twin Cities. Go Twins.
Pioneer 860, Soundstream 600-4, Directed 1100d, CDT IEK, CDT EF61CF, 2-IDQ-10's NoGOT-No gas on Thurs.

Dracula McNeill

Postby Dracula McNeill » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:17 pm

I'm as big of a Twins fan as anyone, but you still think they can do it? It's crunch time man...
westend

Postby westend » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:05 am

Dracula McNeill wrote:I'm as big of a Twins fan as anyone, but you still think they can do it? It's crunch time man...
You're not serious? Do you think a MN team would not perform to their porential in a clutch situation...? Nevermind.
Pioneer 860, Soundstream 600-4, Directed 1100d, CDT IEK, CDT EF61CF, 2-IDQ-10's NoGOT-No gas on Thurs.

Return to “Home Audio/Video”