ported box for my AVA

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
unrealjet

ported box for my AVA

Postby unrealjet » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:56 pm

finally got my home theatre all set up. I fixed my audio noise and all, but im not satisfied with my current sub box. Im going to rebuild it sealed with same dimensions just close off the part where the plate amp is. I was also wondering if anyone can give me some designs for a ported box with a vent style port? i have no experience with ported enclosures and it would be very appreciated. Drop me a line on aim at "nshs j3t" or on the forums...
TommyTheCat

Postby TommyTheCat » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:39 pm

300l, 6" port @ 27" length. Send it up to 700-800W with a nice rumble filter below 15hz.
unrealjet

Postby unrealjet » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:28 pm

ive got a 1kw plate amp hooked up to it now, the plate amp has a 20hz runble filter if i remember correctly but i can run it straight into my pioneer vsx-1015 or whatever and not sure if that even has a rumble filter. I dont have a box builder program can you toss me some internal dimensions for this box? ill be using 3/4 mdf. Do i need internal bracing or double baffles on the front?
westend

Postby westend » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:47 pm

Why don't you download Win ISD and play around with it to get what you think is the most optimized box? It's available here: http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?download=winisd As for construction techniques, yeah, build it as stout as you can. Bracing and doubling the baffle are cheap methods to insure you get the most out of your sub.
Pioneer 860, Soundstream 600-4, Directed 1100d, CDT IEK, CDT EF61CF, 2-IDQ-10's NoGOT-No gas on Thurs.

Return to “Home Audio/Video”