Pete's (HexiBase) idea of HT.

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
mr tibbs

Pete's (HexiBase) idea of HT.

Postby mr tibbs » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:47 pm

So, what do you guys think of this?

Check out how much power he is running!!:cwm16: I think I'm going to have to have him design me some HT boxes. I have allready built 2 of his designs for my cars and have never been let down. Man this guy knows his stuff!:cwm29:
almond

Postby almond » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:53 pm

that whole page makes me want to go back to college to be an audio engineer. crazy stuff. i love it. thinking outside the box or inside rather?
kevox

Postby kevox » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:05 pm

That looiks like a pretty sick HT setup he's got goin' on:D If you get in contact with him, see if he can make a design for both of us! lol My SE15 needs a new home.
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
black00

Postby black00 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:17 pm

don't know the guy...but i've read his website and watched him online...
a very creative young man...
On his sub he should have used a roundover bit or sanded the hell out of his internals...but overal........it looks like he'll just get better and better as time goes on....

i'm sure he isn't reading this but "Well done anyway... keep up the good work".
JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:39 pm

Very cool setup :)
Mike S.

Postby Mike S. » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:51 pm

He likes them little Tea amps..........they are quite nice sounding little amps for what they are and what they cost.

I bought one and put it in a metal case, upgraded the RCA jacks, and yanked that noisy cheap 50K pot. I then fed it with a 100K stepped attenuator, that really helped.

I used a nice wal-wart, but it was a little shy on current. 2000 milliamps would be nicer than the 1300 I was using. I used just a plain car battery once.......that was about sickening...

Using different types of AA batteries never really made much difference, I seemed to favor the Wal-wart.

The bass was ok, a little thin from probably lack of current. The top-end was ok, it seemed extended, but not really. It had a warm, but yet still cold kind of sound, and seemed processed. I remember it did well with electronica type music.

I've listened to the T-amp and a DIY 6 WPC 2A3 SET amplifier with old Klipsch Cornwalls.
Face it, there ain't no comparsion.

I'll stick with a DHT with AC.

But it's a 30 dollar toy amp, but a damn good sounding 30 dollar toy amp. And it does come close to the sound of most tubes, I guess.....

Five of these for HT.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crazyray

Postby crazyray » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:55 pm

The current Stereophile magazine has a review of the upgraded version of the Sonic T-Amp. (No kidding) :)
k-mart

Postby k-mart » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:59 pm

black00 wrote:On his sub he should have used a roundover bit or sanded the hell out of his internals...but overal........it looks like he'll just get better and better as time goes on....

i'm sure he isn't reading this but "Well done anyway... keep up the good work".

That's what I was thinking. Seems like an awful lot of woodworking to skimp on the fine details. :meh:
zilch
mr tibbs

Postby mr tibbs » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:21 pm

k-mart wrote:That's what I was thinking. Seems like an awful lot of woodworking to skimp on the fine details. :meh:

He's a better designer than builder. He just moved not too long ago and is working on building a mighty fine workshop. Trust me, this guy is worth keeping an eye on. Just as soon as I move into a house (maybe sooner), I'm having him design my entire sound system. I absolutley love his designs!!!:cwm29:
Derek

Postby Derek » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:25 pm

i see the phrase HT.....

but i don't see a home theatre..... :) i see two full range speakers....and a sub....
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name

Return to “Home Audio/Video”