AA Assasin in my room?

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
airbornflght

AA Assasin in my room?

Postby airbornflght » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:55 pm

Is this a problem? Its a 15" D4, so I figure I could run it with an amp I can get that will do 800 bridged at 8 ohms. I had it in my car, but my parents made me take it out after I trashed the car. Though I fail to see there reasoning of how the db's translated into my heads popping off and a rod through my block...:cwm22: 7,600 RPM does no good for a 3.1L, well, it did fine for 5 seconds or so.:cwm16: Oh well, I wanted to get rid of the grand am anyway. Now I have my cherokee. But my parents won't let me put my stereo equipment in the jeep.:cwm14:

Anyway, I figure if it'll sound decent in a room setting I'll have to build a new box for it, otherwise, I'm selling it, both my amps, and my rainbow componets and re-investing.
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:59 pm

airbornflght wrote:Is this a problem? Its a 15" D4, so I figure I could run it with an amp I can get that will do 800 bridged at 8 ohms. I had it in my car, but my parents made me take it out after I trashed the car. Though I fail to see there reasoning of how the db's translated into my heads popping off and a rod through my block...:cwm22: 7,600 RPM does no good for a 3.1L, well, it did fine for 5 seconds or so.:cwm16: Oh well, I wanted to get rid of the grand am anyway. Now I have my cherokee. But my parents won't let me put my stereo equipment in the jeep.:cwm14:

Anyway, I figure if it'll sound decent in a room setting I'll have to build a new box for it, otherwise, I'm selling it, both my amps, and my rainbow componets and re-investing.

What was your engine doing at 7,600 rpm?

Adam
Found something better.
SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
airbornflght

Postby airbornflght » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:11 am

Nothing for long.

I had done some work to the engine, (ported intake, headers, tb, heads, cams, computer work..) and I was racing my friends LS1 camaro. I was actually doing really well. That block just wasn't meant to run that hard. I was actually planning on super charging it so that I could take advantage of the cams and heads. Anyway, long story short, don't try to turn a grand am into a sleeper race car. Doesn't work.

Anyone have some recommendations of what to do with my equipment.
TommyTheCat

Postby TommyTheCat » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:01 pm

I think we all know not to tune a grand am...
Speakerboy

Postby Speakerboy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:05 pm

tune it up and run it against an LS1 Camaro...........

Oh wait, you already tried that and blew somethind up.
If I were a gangster, my name would be "Jimmy the Gimp".
Derek

Postby Derek » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:31 pm

you could put it in your room and run it.

but.

that's probably going to annoy your parent's just as much as a blown to **** car :)
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name
airbornflght

Postby airbornflght » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:00 pm

yeh, but I could keep the sub-levels down, I already blast my music in my room. I'm a bass/spl head. I'm just wondering how well it would do in a home environment or taking it to house parties.

I figure a vented box would be necesary. and enough about the grand am that thought it could.
phthisis

Postby phthisis » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:12 pm

I say put it in your room. I believe AA has specs on their website that tells what kind of box it needs for home audio use.
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:22 pm

airbornflght wrote: enough about the grand am that thought it could.

Hey, you're the one who wrote a small book about what you did to your car... Now you are either driving your parent's Jeep and complaining you can't put your stereo in it, or complaining that you let your parents tell you what you can/can't do with your own property. Either way, you deserve to get pummelled a little :)

Adam
Found something better.

SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
airbornflght

Postby airbornflght » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:08 am

It's my jeep, I paid cash for it, I had 6 thousand saved up and spend 5,600 on the jeep. But they're paying for the insurance. I miss the sub in my car, but I've adjusted to it. I'd be happy with my componets and amp. The stock speakers blow majorly . The rear speakers I blew with the stock radio with the volume only half way up, the fronts cant take more than 1/2 of the onboard power from my kenwood kdc-x889. If I replace them I'll give them a proper send off with 900 watts from my sub-amp.

http://ascendantaudio.com/arsenal15specs.html, that is the page for the arsenal, they don't have anything for home use, but does 3 and a half cubes at 28hz sound about right? or would you tune a bit higher?

Return to “Home Audio/Video”