HT Plans..

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
TL

HT Plans..

Postby TL » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:15 am

Sorry for the crappy scan.. I cleaned it up a little.. This is the basement BTW..

I'll likely wind up with couches instead of the HT recliners, just too spendy..

Opinions?
[unused]http://tl.soundillusions.net/subssig3.jpg[/unused]
John

Postby John » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:47 pm

Looks good!
TL

Postby TL » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:44 pm

Thanks! Projector should arrive this week.. I hope to frame in the walls sometime this winter..
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:39 pm

Your bar stools should be on the other side of the bar... The whole point is you go behind the bar and serve people drinks across the bar... :)

Adam
Found something better.
SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
TL

Postby TL » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:10 am

well the idea is that that's the "3rd row" off seating, But I've had other people tell me that as well, may have to consider it... :)
NDGeist

Postby NDGeist » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:18 am

I'd have the doors to the theatre room open the other way, with the pool table located there the doors won't open into anything because you're always going to need space around the table. Where you may end up wanting to put a piece of furniture or something on the theatre side.

Also, the room directly "north" of the pool table, are you walling that off into some sort of time capsule?
Mis-spellers of the world, untie!
There are only 10 types of people in the world,
those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:31 pm

NDGeist wrote:I'd have the doors to the theatre room open the other way, with the pool table located there the doors won't open into anything because you're always going to need space around the table. Where you may end up wanting to put a piece of furniture or something on the theatre side.

Also, the room directly "north" of the pool table, are you walling that off into some sort of time capsule?

No silly, there's a doorway of some sort to that room right next to the stairs. It's probably a storage room since he's using it to access the back of his home theatre stuff.

Oh the other thing is you need to reposition the fridge because having it way down at the end will make drink creation rather annoying.

And where are your speakers going?

Adam
Found something better.

SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
Kyle Richardson

Postby Kyle Richardson » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:22 pm

What do you think of flipping the HT layout 180*? That way you can add an 8th chair because the doors wont be interfering with the seating or the bar entrance/fridge access.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TL

Postby TL » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Atomic Fusion wrote:No silly, there's a doorway of some sort to that room right next to the stairs. It's probably a storage room since he's using it to access the back of his home theatre stuff.

Oh the other thing is you need to reposition the fridge because having it way down at the end will make drink creation rather annoying.

And where are your speakers going?

Adam

correct, mechanicals & storage - access to the rear of the equipment rack also..

L&R are towers that will sit on top of the sub boxes, center will be wall-mounted behind the screen, and surrounds up on the wall probably even with the 2nd row..

Yeah, the bar may change.. I have a plumbing guy coming to look & see if I can put a bathroom in where that closet is behind the fridge.. So if I can do that reasonably the closet will be expanded & the fridge will have to move..

Kyle, flipping the room 180 is a good idea.. just not sure if I want people walking in in the front.. I'll have to check it out..
black00

Postby black00 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:14 pm

NDGeist wrote:Also, the room directly "north" of the pool table, are you walling that off into some sort of time capsule?

damn dude...i almost spit my pepsi all over the computer lol...

Return to “Home Audio/Video”