Usher tweets on sale

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
kevox

Usher tweets on sale

Postby kevox » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:56 am

For only $33 each! http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=276-604&scqty=2
I know Usher makes some really high end stuff (the tweets in the $450 Adire LCR kit are Usher's...) but I really don't know what specs to look at when determining how any given tweet might sound in my application so that's why I'm bringing it to you guys...

Anyone heard anything about this Usher tweet or a model similar? I'm going to order a pair to test out just cause they're so insanely cheap unless I hear something bad about it from someone who has experience. And I just received two of these mids - http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-372 - so I could be on my way to a sweet DIY component set if these sound good together! Again, any thoughts on the Usher tweeters?
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
Kyle Richardson

Postby Kyle Richardson » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:36 am

I just did a quick glance at the tweeter and the mids you picked up and they seem like they would work fine together. FYI, the Usher tweeter used in the LCR and similar kits are the more expensive 9950 models, but the 9930's seem to be a good model especially for the sale price.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kevox

Postby kevox » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:49 pm

Ya I know these aren't the same models used in the LCR kit, but I Figured since even the 9950's weren't WAY more expensive (surprisingly they are only $70 each!) that there wouldn't be a drastic difference between the two....I'm guessing. Good to hear that they should work well together!
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
crazyray

Postby crazyray » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:19 pm

The 9930's are used in the Joe D'Appolito design called the "Usher 701" that PE currently has in their speaker showcase. Looks like a bargain.
Derek

Postby Derek » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:13 pm

i saw that in the latest issue....does look like a good deal.
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name

Return to “Home Audio/Video”