using Dayton Reference 10's in a tower?

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
kevox

Postby kevox » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:21 pm

95Honda wrote:#1 Don't put a whole lot of stock in MD for home audio speaker design...

#2 Start with a 2-way, with as simple a crossover as possible and no more than 3 drivers (2 woofers).... Your making alot of work for yourself.....

Ya the center channel idea would only utilize 3 drivers (2 mids and a tweet) so that should be a good way to gain experience while not wasting materials...

And I'l be working on the xover/enclosure design with Frank who leads the Home Audio course so I trust it'll be solid....I keep on hearing how this guy is just a genius!
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
95Honda

Postby 95Honda » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:57 pm

kevox wrote:Ya the center channel idea would only utilize 3 drivers (2 mids and a tweet) so that should be a good way to gain experience while not wasting materials...

And I'l be working on the xover/enclosure design with Frank who leads the Home Audio course so I trust it'll be solid....I keep on hearing how this guy is just a genius!

Great. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or run into a stumbling block along the way. I'm glad to help.
http://www.forceaudio.com

Marshall asked me how much it would be to fly to Idaho....
kevox

Postby kevox » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 am

95Honda wrote:Great. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or run into a stumbling block along the way. I'm glad to help.

That is awesome, thanks man! I'll be sure to PM you when I finally get the xover and/or enclosure design "finalized"!
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given

Return to “Home Audio/Video”