MTX Monitor 600i towers

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
hvnd4speed

MTX Monitor 600i towers

Postby hvnd4speed » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:44 am

I am looking into these for my next purchase, not much info out there as far as reviews on them, anyone have any input on them?? reason i ask is i am using a mtx sw2 home theater sub and i love it and would like to go all MTX home theatre speakers including the center and rears, let me know if any of you have actually heard them.....thanks!
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:12 pm

hvnd4speed wrote:I am looking into these for my next purchase, not much info out there as far as reviews on them, anyone have any input on them?? reason i ask is i am using a mtx sw2 home theater sub and i love it and would like to go all MTX home theatre speakers including the center and rears, let me know if any of you have actually heard them.....thanks!

I have no direct experience, but I would not buy a relatively unknown MTX speaker when there are so many brands out there that have at least a decent reputation. The ability of a company to build a subwoofer speaks nothing to its ability to build a full range speaker.

I may be off base and they could be great; I don't know. I certainly wouldn't buy without trying first.

Adam
Found something better.
SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
crazyray

Postby crazyray » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:22 pm

BTW, Parts Express has these as their Deal of the Day until 4 PM ET Tuesday, March 20. Price is $119 each.

I cannot comment on sound quality either, but I must admit that a "PEI dome tweeter" doesn't encourage me.
Derek

Postby Derek » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:24 pm

but......they made the jackhammer sub.

come on guys.
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name