today...i start this....

General discussion for all questions based in the home audio/video world.
KU40

Postby KU40 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:40 pm

You gonna just set it flat on the floor or get it some feet? Though I heard that raising sub enclosures off the floor a bit (especially if carpeted) helps a bit. Thinking about doing that with mine.
-Nick aka NS1 aka mopey aka speedbump
Alpine CDA-9827
Crossfire CFQ5.2
JL Audio XR 650csi components, Planet Audio TT2300
Crossfire VR404 on factory rear 6x8's until I get them upgraded
SI 15D2 + 3.8 @ 30 hz + Crossfire BMF 1000D = :)
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:46 am

neon pink shag carpet huh?

you find it and i'll consider covering my enclosure with it.......considering it isn't my enclosure or sub anyways.....and its bare mdf
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

Novus Ordo Seclorum, The New Forum
Derek

Postby Derek » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:47 am

KU40 wrote:You gonna just set it flat on the floor or get it some feet? Though I heard that raising sub enclosures off the floor a bit (especially if carpeted) helps a bit. Thinking about doing that with mine.

i don't think i have any feets laying around...but i'll probably order some and see what's up....i will have this sucker hooked up shortly...didn't have time in the previous days....this thing is big.

and heavy.
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name
Derek

Postby Derek » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:03 pm

well...she is home....and hooked up.

only done real listening on opeth's damnation...and dire straits best of...sultans of swing...

sounds very effortless...blends in very nicely...doesn't add too much...doesn't add too little...just nice background/backup sub fill.

and the sucker gets really loud...ran bass mekanik through it....wasn't really loud until i shoved it into the corner....looks like it hits tuning around 12 seconds into track 19 on bass mekanik 5.0. not sure what freq that is...but after that....it just gets louder...and louder.....it gets really loud on all the songs....i don't think it dives quite as deep as my 6 cube tuned to 20 enclosure....but i'd say mid twenties and up...it's a beast...easily louder than the other enclosure...

will probably try it out on some movies tonite....see how she does...and if i'm still in love with it....i'll finish the enclosure...:)
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name

Return to “Home Audio/Video”