Page 5 of 7

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:10 pm
by Member02
not purple, red.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:34 pm
by flak_monkey
I think that it'd be cooler to cover it in fur!

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:53 pm
by Penguin4x4
Member02 wrote:not purple, red.


so its gonna look like a gigantic hairy tongue? niiiiiiice

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:49 am
by CBFryman
Wow, Great work man.

"Very nice, High Five."

And you know to tune it you just stuff the line with wool or pillow batting (like we put in sealed boxes to increase the volume). Most make it a little short of the calculated value and then add stuffing toget the sound they want, others just go with the calulated values.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:11 pm
by Member02
I just go with the calculated value.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:00 pm
by todd.brust
you are nuts man....first the fiberglass project and now a 1/4 wave....thats tits

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:21 pm
by Member02
I love tits

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:33 pm
by Member02
goddamnit! that frickin U Shaped thing I made will not work in ANY way to attach to the two pipes...

I tried fiberglass, the pipe's weight snapped the fiberglass like a pencil

I just tried a bunch of threaded 3/8 steel rods, just too damn hard to attach the two together...

I'm about to do what Talnlnky suggested earlier, the box on top made of wood, will be easy enough with all my tools available and my nice router.

I'm going double the baffle that connects to the pipes so that it's like a subwoofer mount so I can remove it whenever the pipe/box needs to be relocated.


damn, that U-turn was a waste of my fiberglass and resin.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:21 pm
by ballstothewall
Wire/band/bolt the two legs of the U pipe together that way it moves as one unit and dosen't flex the bend any. For a ghetto way of doing it make some wood spacer blocks and duct tape the pipes together so when you pick it up the joint dosen't flex any.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:52 pm
by Member02
well, I wanted to make something removable, because it weighs over 200lbs and I'll be moving in a month, so I tried to make sleeves that would attach to the pipes and U, but the three different things I tried didn't work to well. I just bought the extra MDF I needed to make a 2cuft box with a nice recessed attaching hole for each pipe.

I'll have it built tomorrow and get pics