Car Forum

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.

Add a Car Discussion forum (non audio related)?

Yes
64%
No
No votes
Eh, whatever
36%

Total votes: 25
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Car Forum

Postby Sound_Miata » Fri Jun 14, 2002 10:43 pm

Seeing as we have had a lot of discussion on cars, and modifying them recently. I'd like to propose a forum section here to discuss Cars....a lot of performance, a lot of new models, a little (to none) of elephant walking about 4's vs 8's. What I would like to see is a forum where we can discuss the merits of each, and those curious about what mods are really useful and what are "mod myths" (stickers make you go faster) as well as new car discussion (the upcoming 350z, rx-8, wrx sti, etc). This would not be limited to power, but Suspension tuning as well as racing, all forms, though NOT a kill forum to post street racign on. Please vote if you'd like to have this forum, or not, or simply don't care.

Thanks,
Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
StaticX313

Postby StaticX313 » Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:30 pm

i think it'd be good. A bunch of people that do car audio usually work on car performance as well and can spread the knowledge.

RoB~
2004 Subaru WRX STI Blue\Silver

MODS: Perrin Inlet Hose, Perrin SRI, Perrin Catch Can, Perrin Crank Pulley, Perrin Radiator Shroud, Whiteline Diff Bushings, StaticX Grounding Kit, STI Strut Bars (Front and Rear), Kuhmo 245/40ZR17s, Blitz Nur Spec R cat back, GodSpeed INC Downpipe (soon), UTEC (on preorder list).
musthavemuzk

Postby musthavemuzk » Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:10 am

well my current ride is by no means a killer, but i surely would like it to be better than it is.

i like the idea of talkin cars. by no means am i all knowing, but i still like to talk.

the only concern i have is with the bashing that may happen. or that street racing might get carried away in this new section.

but since we are a bunch of adults here we should be able to manage this just fine.

Monty
Neo10's

Postby Neo10's » Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:20 am

I had just recently posted a new thread asking about discussing cars and i believe that a car forum would be great. because i really want to make my little ford ranger look good, run good and sound good.
Mike

-----------------------

audio system
Alpine CDA-7893 Deck (comming this month)
New amp, undecied yeat (comming this month)
2 10in 400watt Pioneer subs

No ones a bad@$$ until they beat ur @$$ :D
nismo

Postby nismo » Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:22 am

state clearly that no street racing threads will be allowed (and deleted if made)...as for the i4/i6 turbo vs. v8, i dont think theres really a good way to prevent that. i mean im always gonna bash on josh for his choice in muscle...but im not gonna do it from a soapbox. its just razzin, and its not meant in a bad way. we've gone back and forth, and i believe that he and i both know its in fun.

eric
Mac

Postby Mac » Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:25 am

I own a Metro...'nuff said...:D

I really don't care either way. But if it were here, then I would read it...which would then cause me to start spending money on a new car and all the parts and stuff...so on second thought, maybe we shouldn't have one.:D
Eventually, Time makes fools of us all.

I don't suffer from insanity, I ENJOY every minute of it.
Neo10's

Postby Neo10's » Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:30 am

What do u have against street racing. I honestly believe if people want to do something then they can do it, but they should be responsible and do in a place where perdestrians are about. So race on an open highway or something. Or on a back road with light traffic. If i owned a car that could run and was challenged i would take that guy somewhere and drag race in a secluded area. But if you dont like it thats fine by me to. I dont care one way or the other i was juz wonderin.
Mike

-----------------------

audio system

TimDimman

Postby TimDimman » Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:39 am

Originally posted by Neo10's
What do u have against street racing. I honestly believe if people want to do something then they can do it, but they should be responsible and do in a place where perdestrians are about. So race on an open highway or something. Or on a back road with light traffic. If i owned a car that could run and was challenged i would take that guy somewhere and drag race in a secluded area. But if you dont like it thats fine by me to. I dont care one way or the other i was juz wonderin.

You mean other than the fact that its illegal?

Responsibility would state that you do that in an area where pedestrians are not about. If you want to kill perdestrians, then that's fine with me, as I never really like perdestrians anyways...

It's about car performance. If you want to take knowledge gained, and apply that to street racing, that's your business, of course :)

Tim
It is better to be boldly decisive and be wrong than to agonize at length and be right.
Neo10's

Postby Neo10's » Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:52 am

Well of course its about car performance, and by no means do i intend on stepping on anyones feet and making someone upset (if anyone thinks that my post doest that then i apologize).
I do a lot of illegal things in every day life (but thats just being 18), so i really dont mind much if racing is illegal. Most people speed dont they? Thats illegal. But im not going to defend street racing. If yall dont like it then and dont want it on, then i wont make any threads about it. Acually i dont even know what you would have to talk about (street racing that is), I should have never asked that question.

I want the site to be based around stuff like, how do i get more horsepower out of my engine without spending alot of money or how to properly power shift. But thats performance talk.
Mike

-----------------------

audio system

Neo10's

Postby Neo10's » Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:54 am

Accually do yall know any good forums that i can currently talk about performance, well until soundillusions makes one.
Mike

-----------------------

audio system

Return to “Automotive Performance”