Any Auto-X'ers?

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Any Auto-X'ers?

Postby Sound_Miata » Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:22 am

I'm just curious to see if there are any auto-x'ers among our ranks beside myself. For those not familiar with the basic concept, picture downhill sking on a parking lot or airport runway. This is not a side by side race, but a driver control situation. Any car can run, from heavy and underpowered to fully built cars, there are a number of classes so you can see your respective time and how it (in theory) compares to other drivers. There is even a Novice and street tire class. I compete once to twice a month, and while more expensive per seat time than a full track day, it is easier to get to for me. I highly recommend doing one or two if you like to go and push on the twisties every now and then simply because what you learn in a controlled environment really helps in the streets.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
BigWinkdogg

Postby BigWinkdogg » Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:26 am

never heard of it and it seems hard to picture....sounds cool though, is it like a thing a lot of people do, cause i don't think anyone in my area has ever done it or talked about it.....
-1991 White Saturn SL2 - P.O.S. :-)
-Panasonic CQDF801U
-JL Evolution TR 6.5" speakers
-Street Glow 9" Blue Lights
-Auto-Tek Stealth xs1500.1 amp
-Brahma 15" in 3 cubic feet after displacement, 5x5" rectanuglar port 30 inches long tuned to 26 hz....soon to be 4-5 cubes tuned in the 50 hz i hope :-)

Want a banana?
Nope.
kthnxbuhbye.
jlaine

Re: Any Auto-X'ers?

Postby jlaine » Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:39 am

Originally posted by Sound_Miata
I'm just curious to see if there are any auto-x'ers among our ranks beside myself. For those not familiar with the basic concept, picture downhill sking on a parking lot or airport runway. This is not a side by side race, but a driver control situation. Any car can run, from heavy and underpowered to fully built cars, there are a number of classes so you can see your respective time and how it (in theory) compares to other drivers. There is even a Novice and street tire class. I compete once to twice a month, and while more expensive per seat time than a full track day, it is easier to get to for me. I highly recommend doing one or two if you like to go and push on the twisties every now and then simply because what you learn in a controlled environment really helps in the streets.

-Greer

About 5 years ago I was.. but now that I moved, and there is nothing of the sort around here, I've been out of it since then...
Yo.
ScottS

Postby ScottS » Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:13 pm

ive done it twice
Represent SSSE

So how long have you had your beard?

"Rolling with your posse is the only way to go."
Swass

"Microsoft Works" hahaha yeah right

98 civic ex coupe
2 15" brahmas, 2 PA2250D, Pair of Koda component sets, JVC HU, A wall. 47hz tune port is , get psycho.
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:50 pm

there is PLENTY in ohio, just not well advertised, to find your region, go to http://www.scca.org then click on SOLO II (Solo 2) schedule to find races...or hit up

http://www.scca.org/interactive/regions.html#cendiv

as they show websites for all the "central division" which you are in, there are 5 ohio chapters that I saw right off the bat, look one up, 20 to 25 for a day of racing, but you learn quite a bit.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*

slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
wizzkidd

Postby wizzkidd » Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:40 pm

i wanted to try some

Return to “Automotive Performance”