Foglights...

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
davidjs

Foglights...

Postby davidjs » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:39 am

Well, i figured this should go here (although I know foglights don't actually add hp ;) ) as a general car non-stereo thing:

Alright, in the great state of VA, your car can't pass the (yearly) inspection, unless "all the lights on the car are working" even if, like foglights, they aren't required...

Soooo, since the wiring (and housing) of my OEM foglights are FUBARed, I figured it would be easier to just buy some foglights, and wire them up, instead of trying to redo it all stock...

Now, i don't want to spend tons of money on these things here... (pretty much need to keep it uner $75 so it doesn't impinge on home stereo goals) but I also don't want crap... They would need to fit in an ~2" round hole (maybe 3", I'll check tonight) and I don't want yellow... :D

Any Ideas?
Drinking from the firehose... care to join me for a sip??
"Always and never are two words you should always remember to never use..."
**Almost done, almost done**
aka Saleen999
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:35 am

Catz lighting systems are cheap, lighting is decent as well, hella doesn't go that small to my knowledge, but catz does pretty good, I know the PIAA solitaires are nice as well, but they are 119ish that I've seen. If you need inspection help, shoot me a PM

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
davidjs

Postby davidjs » Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:28 pm

<cough> empty inbox </cough> (keep in mind sent messages that you've saved count against it too... took me a while to figure that out <sigh>)

Do you know what catz series you were talking about?!?! I did a quick look-see, and the cheapest ones I could find were 180ish... :eek:

aka Saleen999
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:32 pm

hmmm, is that retail? catz is notorious for that kinda overprice (as is piaa)..didn't know saved messages hurt the total...lemme fix that then

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*

slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
davidjs

Postby davidjs » Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:38 pm

Great, now i forgot what i said in the PM...

Yeah, the cheapest (ok, the first) place I found had the foglights for $200 plus, and the one driving light for $136, but everything else was up at 200 too...

yeah, the saved mssg thing was ticking me off when I was getting stuff bounced w/ one saved message... :confused: :D

uhhhh... still full :confused:

aka Saleen999

Return to “Automotive Performance”