Any painters?

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
jlaine

Any painters?

Postby jlaine » Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:42 pm

Any serious auto body painters around here? I have ran into an inability to get a hold of the old style of scratch remover that I used to use, and am looking to discuss some options on removing micro-marring on my clear coat. I have a few scratches I repaired also, and have already sanded down, so I have dull spots in my clearcoat from the sanding.... I do all of this, and THEN go get my tools and find I'm out of scratch remover... and then go to get some... and find none... ahhh... lovely. :)
Yo.
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:21 pm

what kind are you looking for, I have a few contacts at various dealers and painters....

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:30 pm

Originally posted by Sound_Miata
what kind are you looking for, I have a few contacts at various dealers and painters....

-Greer

Ohh I can get almost anything I want... just a matter of I'm so used to the 3M stuff I was using, that I need to ask around and get an idea of another suitable product that works as well at getting the light scratches out of the clear coat after touchup sanding...
Yo.
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:27 pm

Meguairs swirl remover has worked well for me in the past, as has the zaino products....

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*

slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:36 pm

Originally posted by Sound_Miata
Meguairs swirl remover has worked well for me in the past, as has the zaino products....

-Greer

That should work well on the micro-marring, but the wetsanded repair areas?

I use Meguairs wax all the time, never tried their swirl remover though... I'll have to see if I can find it locally...
Yo.
nismo

Postby nismo » Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:28 pm

my friends dad does high end bodywork/painting...ill ask him when i see him, and see if his dad can get some of that stuff...

eric

Return to “Automotive Performance”