Suspension upgrades?

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:29 pm

cheap cross drilleds will crack, especially if they are not chamfered. This will cause a sharper edge and possibility for cracking is greater. However, I have gotten both my fronts GLOWING red before, never cracked them, last I saw, the R8 used cross drilled at lemans....

And fade WILL be an issue, you must take everything into account, ducting, pad, especially the boiling point of the fluid.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
sirsloop

Postby sirsloop » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:36 pm

HAHA...if i had some loot to spend on this pig brakes would be on the list

if you can go fast, you had better be able to stop faster!!!
Sound_Miata

Postby Sound_Miata » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:56 pm

already got the yammie for sale huh

-Greer

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
sirsloop

Postby sirsloop » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:57 pm

gotta buy an engine...damn collapsed lifter

plus i live in the city/burbs, hard to find places to ride
Sound_Miata

Postby Sound_Miata » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:07 pm

did you damage the motor with a collapsed lifter? with the lifters I'm used to (Hydraulic)....that isn't normally an issue...

-Greer

sirsloop

Postby sirsloop » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:26 pm

you are correct, the collapsed lifter really doesnt pose any EXTREME danger like a failed wrist pin or somthing but its definitly going to screw somthin up (my cam, bend pushrod through head screwed rocker)

I feel its easier just to replace the whole engine than take the entire top end of the engine off just to replace a set of stock fuggin lifters...its BS.

So I have this 320HP 302 lined up, fairly souped up but nothing too extreme ready to buy and go in. Ported GT-40P heads, cobra intake, basically stock bottom end, rebuilt with nice bearings, ya da ya da...

it will push my stang to easy 13.0's, possibly mid-high 12's with a good launch...

ill be selling my stock engine to a friend to offset the price of the new one...I dont know how to get 320hp cheaper (1,000)
sirsloop

Postby sirsloop » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:33 pm

Actually, Im not sure what the guy ran for exhaust...but I plan on a Dr. Gas x-pipe, and a dynomax pro cat back...

will lose a little low end torque, but top end power is increased quite a bit. Also lined up is a 3G alternator upgrade, smog pump delete, underdrive pullies, moroso cold air, MAF conversion. So if this guy didnt have comperable parts on his stang I may be able to squeeze out more power than he was making (270rwhp)
Sound_Miata

Postby Sound_Miata » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:07 pm

hehehe, I've oft considered a 5 liter swap into the miata, sounds like fun, but I'd almost have to go all aluminum (read $$$$) to keep the weight balance good

-Greer

nismo

Postby nismo » Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:08 am

arent you made of money??? :D

eric
sirsloop

Postby sirsloop » Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:38 am

Ya...that would include a aluminum sportsman block, aluminum heads, one of those small box type intakes and a 12lbs blower :D

all for about 10 grand...lol...but it would be INSANELY fast!!!

This whole project of mine will cost around 2,000 with all that stuff listed (plus some other little things like a hardened steel throwout bearing retainer, steeda triax shifter, subframe connectors.)

Im almost positive my school motorsports shop has an extrude hone porting machine, so I'll be able to have extrude honed intake, along with a nice nifty port and valve job on the head!! FOR FREE!!!! YIPEE!!! I pay for parts (a set of gaskets, whoopie friggin do)

Return to “Automotive Performance”