looking for some more HP

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Shaddow75

looking for some more HP

Postby Shaddow75 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:47 am

im looking for some more hp outa my 94 cutlas supreme its a 3.1 L and its only 155 HP, im tryin to get it up around 200 im thinking if I do a lil homemade ram air and then maybe a chip and bigger air box and Uhhh fuel punp rails and injecters i can do it, BUT the problem is where in the hell do i get that stuff? i have absolutly NO CLUE where to start please help me out thanx.
Dustin
~2000 Nissan Xterra~

~Starting Over~

~Now I Know What I Wish I Would Have Known~
StaticX313

Postby StaticX313 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:12 am

hmmm well you can try cutlas forums and stuff like that to see what others are doing (if they exist). But im sure you can do the basic stuff to any car. Such as air intake upgrades and exhaust upgrades. Also one thing you might want to try out is the Tornadoair.com air intake enhancer. Im not sure if it works or not , but htey have videos and dynos of the tornado air system giving up to 24% more mpg and up to 15 hp. That plus a max air intake box, upgraded MAF (if your car has one), exhaust, tornado, that would probably put you up in the 200s. Also you might want to look into an ignition upgrade. Get some good sparks and something equivilant to an HKS double power upgrade. It'll give you better idle / start and some hp.I do some searching today as well to see what I can find. I dont know anything about the cutlass so sorry if this doesnt help.

RoB~
2004 Subaru WRX STI Blue\Silver

MODS: Perrin Inlet Hose, Perrin SRI, Perrin Catch Can, Perrin Crank Pulley, Perrin Radiator Shroud, Whiteline Diff Bushings, StaticX Grounding Kit, STI Strut Bars (Front and Rear), Kuhmo 245/40ZR17s, Blitz Nur Spec R cat back, GodSpeed INC Downpipe (soon), UTEC (on preorder list).
StaticX313

Postby StaticX313 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:22 am

http://www.tornadoair.com/cgi-bin/purchase.cgi?make=OLDSMOBILE&model=CUTLASS&year=1994&engine=6/3.1&partno=95&partquan=1

there the link for the tornado air for your car and you can look around the site for vids and dynos and stuff like that.
2004 Subaru WRX STI Blue\Silver

MODS: Perrin Inlet Hose, Perrin SRI, Perrin Catch Can, Perrin Crank Pulley, Perrin Radiator Shroud, Whiteline Diff Bushings, StaticX Grounding Kit, STI Strut Bars (Front and Rear), Kuhmo 245/40ZR17s, Blitz Nur Spec R cat back, GodSpeed INC Downpipe (soon), UTEC (on preorder list).
davidjs

Postby davidjs » Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:38 am

This isn't a cutlass forum, but it was the same engine... I'm not sure which 3.1 you have, but
http://www.60degreev6.com/
http://www.jbodyperformance.com/
http://www.gmpowertalk.com/forums/index.php
Drinking from the firehose... care to join me for a sip??
"Always and never are two words you should always remember to never use..."
**Almost done, almost done**
aka Saleen999
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:02 pm

Tornado is crap, "swirling air" is not what you need, that is taken care of in the head and elsewhere.

As for finding 45HP naturally aspirated, you will need more than intake and exhaust, and a fuel rail & injectors is not the right way right off the bat. I'll post a better build out solution for ya when I get back this afternoon

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
JokerWylde

Postby JokerWylde » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:07 pm

There was some guy on another forum who bought 4 or 5 of those tornado things, one for each of his cars, then went to a dyno and found he'd lost HP on every one of them...
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion"--Stormin' Norman
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Sat Jun 22, 2002 6:56 pm

dyno tested on miatas to lose HP as well...

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*

slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
nergletooth

Postby nergletooth » Sat Jun 22, 2002 8:26 pm

how about 1 DD9510 or a 10" MMATS Jugernaut, and run 1 d2 amp to each coil.
^devep racer^

Postby ^devep racer^ » Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:00 am

Originally posted by nergletooth
how about 1 DD9510 or a 10" MMATS Jugernaut, and run 1 d2 amp to each coil.

Uhh loud but not faster..... :cwm17:
Let it pass by.....
Shaddow75

Postby Shaddow75 » Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:00 am

i hope you posted that accidently, because its not relivent to the topic at hand. but if you did post it for real, then i say good luck on daily driving.
~2000 Nissan Xterra~

~Starting Over~

~Now I Know What I Wish I Would Have Known~

Return to “Automotive Performance”