New Car for Jmac - 1987 Nissan 200SX

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Jmac

New Car for Jmac - 1987 Nissan 200SX

Postby Jmac » Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:26 am

I just got a white, fully-loaded 1987 Nissan 200SX in damn-near-mint condition. Engine is almost perfect, it idles extremely well, better than my parent's CR-V, lags a bit to 2,000, but just hauls past 3,000. I haven't pushed it past 4,500 RPM yet because I want this car to last a while. Having only owned FF cars in the past, having a FR is ****ing sweet, even if it is only 115 HP. Body has one small dent in the bumper, rest is good, although it could stand to be polished. Interior is near-perfect, except one speaker cover is broken. All service records and history. 182,000 kilometres on it. I took it to the mechanic for an inspection and he said the only thing that was wrong was that the high beams didn't work and the speedometer cable was broken ( I already knew that, though.). He also said that it could use an oil change, new shocks in the back, and new tires, but none of that had to be done right away. And I got this for $1,500 Canadian :) I was looking around for a good deal all summer and I finally found one :)

Does anyone know of any good sites where I could look at body kits and stuff for it ?
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:11 am

the 200 is a good car....change the oil, don't worry about not revving it, driving it on the low end all the time does more damage than the occasional run to redline.

Without upper RPM runs the motor never gets really hot and you get carbon buildup on the pistons (not a good thing)

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
nismo

Postby nismo » Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:13 pm

Originally posted by Sound_Miata
Without upper RPM runs the motor never gets really hot and you get carbon buildup on the pistons (not a good thing)

-Greer

"but, but, dad...i wasnt racing...uhh...i was getting the carbon out of the motor. you gotta believe me!" ;)

eric
Jmac

Postby Jmac » Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:50 pm

"No, Officer, I wasn't trying to run away from you. I was simply getting rid of the carbon in the engine. You have to believe me ! I'm under arrest for leading you on a police chase ? All right, I guess it's fair." :P
nismo

Postby nismo » Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:43 pm

no no no...you gotta convince him that you were helping him...you were getting his engine all cleaned out too... :D

actually, my grandpa and his friends used to get out on the highway and run all the carbon out of their engines (grandpa had a black/white 55 chevy bel air convertible) and a lot of times theyd pull in someplace and the cops would be RIGHT behind em...course i dont think they ever got a ticket for it, even tho they raced up past 125 a few times ;)

eric
Jmac

Postby Jmac » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:21 pm

Old people never get tickets .... I remember driving with my dad a few years ago and he got pulled over by a cop doing 120 km/h in an 80 zone and all he got was a warning. Now if I, being 19, had done that, I'd have gotten a $400 fine ...
Jmac

Postby Jmac » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:26 pm

Oh yeah, I've had a slight problem with my car ... My car started misfiring and I need a new distributor :'( ****ing eh :P That shouldn't be too expensive, unless they have to get a brand new one ...
nismo

Postby nismo » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:46 pm

Originally posted by Jmac
Old people never get tickets .... I remember driving with my dad a few years ago and he got pulled over by a cop doing 120 km/h in an 80 zone and all he got was a warning. Now if I, being 19, had done that, I'd have gotten a $400 fine ...

when my dad was about 30, he got pulled over for doing 48 in a 15 school zone...i was just a cute little kid back then(;)), and my parents had a window shade that said "precious cargo on board"...anyway, the cop was a good ole' boy...he saw that window shade, and went easy on my dad. dad got out of a ticket just b/c of me :D

eric
Jmac

Postby Jmac » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:33 pm

I think I was 16 or 17 when this happened ... Seriously, old people get all the breaks :P

Good news on my car, they found a distributor for $65 Canadian and it shouldn't cost more than $150 to fix :) Sweet

Return to “Automotive Performance”