Body Kits for a 1987 Nissan 200SX Coupe

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Spyda

Postby Spyda » Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:56 am

universal kits will probably work for the sideskirts, but will look kind of plain. as for the front fascia it would be tough to fit up. what you might be able to do is see if another front fascia from a different car has about the same dimensions (sheck out civics - I believe that they are around the same size), and then modify it - this is no easy task, though.
If you want to keep cost lower and make the car look better I would drop it 2 inches...a good stance does 10x more for a car than a good body kit (IMO). personally I don't even like body kits on cars if the car isn't lowered (just looks un-natural).

anyways...here is a game plan I have developed to keep costs at around $1000....pick and choose how you want.

from airdam from nopi (same as in the pic above) - $248.70
shipping - $40 (estimated)
paint - take it to a local Vo-tech or automotive learning center....the labor is free - should be able to get it for about $50-$100 in materials (just make sure you fit it up first)
2" drop (if you can find it) - estimated $300
Summit turbo muffler - $20
hi-flow cat - $55
K+N universal air filter and pipe (to make an intake) - $50

total cost - around $800....if you want to spend any more I'd go with a wheel/tire set....might be able to find some used 17's in silver for around $600...just find out your bolt pattern, back spacing, and center bore.

Peace,
Spyda
PBC
...but the stone that the builder refused...shall be the head cornerstone...
Jmac

Postby Jmac » Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:27 am

Originally posted by Spyda
universal kits will probably work for the sideskirts, but will look kind of plain. as for the front fascia it would be tough to fit up. what you might be able to do is see if another front fascia from a different car has about the same dimensions (sheck out civics - I believe that they are around the same size), and then modify it - this is no easy task, though.
If you want to keep cost lower and make the car look better I would drop it 2 inches...a good stance does 10x more for a car than a good body kit (IMO). personally I don't even like body kits on cars if the car isn't lowered (just looks un-natural).

anyways...here is a game plan I have developed to keep costs at around $1000....pick and choose how you want.

from airdam from nopi (same as in the pic above) - $248.70
shipping - $40 (estimated)
paint - take it to a local Vo-tech or automotive learning center....the labor is free - should be able to get it for about $50-$100 in materials (just make sure you fit it up first)
2" drop (if you can find it) - estimated $300
Summit turbo muffler - $20
hi-flow cat - $55
K+N universal air filter and pipe (to make an intake) - $50

total cost - around $800....if you want to spend any more I'd go with a wheel/tire set....might be able to find some used 17's in silver for around $600...just find out your bolt pattern, back spacing, and center bore.

Peace,
Spyda
PBC

Thanx for your help :) I couldn't find **** anywhere.

Actually, it would cost less. I already have a painter that will do it at cost + 10% that lives less than 1 km from me. Also, I've already put a K&N air filter in. I was thinking of getting some APC springs that are adjustable even though I know they're pretty budget, but it's better than what a lot of people do, which is cut their springs :P I think I'm gonna have to replace the exhaust soon because it looks like it's going to rust through in some places (Still the original exhaust pipes :P). I think that I'll wait until after winter to do all this so I don't get all road salt all over my new components :P This way, I can save money over the winter and then buy the stuff in April or May. That and I can get a really sweet system over the winter :D

Return to “Automotive Performance”