OT: Tough call EVO VIII vs WRX

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:03 pm

Your impressive car isn't going to get you through these drifts Ron. Even most idiots with 4x4's don't attempt them... Even if they are only 1 mile from work.

I have photos of the road to hancock drilled out like a tunnel, from a drift that buried a semi and a few cars...

Understand nothing, it's not a matter of getting your car moving, because these drifts go from burying your bumper, to burying your windshield, to higher than you can see over. Half the time you can't see them coming.

That's what having no wind break gets you... If for a few trees... :rolleyes:
Yo.
pooshda

Postby pooshda » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:30 pm

I know a guy who rally races (they use an eclipse gsx)... and they say that WRX tranny's break constantly, even normal people who drive on the street with them break the transmission pretty easily, so id have to go with the EVO just because of that, I actually used to almost want a WRX because I was starting to think finding my Supra was gonna be impossible, I would have regretted that so much... good thing I held off heh.
Silver Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
Head Unit: Pioneer 7300DVD
Front Stage: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5
Front Amp: Precision Power PCX-2125
Rear Stage: Infinity Kappa 6.5 coax
Sub: Not purchased yet
Wiring: Monster, Stinger
rthompson

Postby rthompson » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:54 pm

Originally posted by jlaine
Your impressive car isn't going to get you through these drifts Ron. Even most idiots with 4x4's don't attempt them... Even if they are only 1 mile from work.

I have photos of the road to hancock drilled out like a tunnel, from a drift that buried a semi and a few cars...

Understand nothing, it's not a matter of getting your car moving, because these drifts go from burying your bumper, to burying your windshield, to higher than you can see over. Half the time you can't see them coming.

That's what having no wind break gets you... If for a few trees... :rolleyes:

I do live in Minnesota too, and i did live not far away from where you live, i am completely aware of what winters are like.... i think it would have suprised you what i went through. You keep saying it is impossible to go through snow, and yet it happened.
Duffman says a lot of things... oh yeah!!

"Don't think about greasy pork......" Jakezor
n0ph0bia

Postby n0ph0bia » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:22 pm

Ron .... Josh ....

I think you both need to recognize .... Down here in the cities try getting through the 1 to 3 inches that we regularly get ;) :D ...

Sorry I couldnt resist .....

Snow round where both of you are at sucks.
n0ph0bia

Postby n0ph0bia » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:23 pm

Originally posted by Neon01
Yeah, good point here too. I assumed it was STi vs Evo. Just wouldn't be fair otherwise :cwm1:

and oh yeah I was referencing the STi...
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:29 pm

Originally posted by n0ph0bia
Ron .... Josh ....

I think you both need to recognize .... Down here in the cities try getting through the 1 to 3 inches that we regularly get ;) :D ...

Sorry I couldnt resist .....

Snow round where both of you are at sucks.

I've tried going through 494 when it was at the end of a 8" downfall... I don't think I'd envy you one friggin bit when it does come down hard near you...
Yo.
n0ph0bia

Postby n0ph0bia » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:43 pm

Originally posted by jlaine
I've tried going through 494 when it was at the end of a 8" downfall... I don't think I'd envy you one friggin bit when it does come down hard near you...

I dont envy anyone who has to go down 494 in sunny weather... :p
Whitey

Postby Whitey » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:38 pm

Ok im obsessed with rally racing and rally inspired cars, first off the EVO VII, which missubishi stated it would almost identical to the european spec car except for some added weight for the federalization process.

It will be stated that the car would produce 276 HP but thats a conservative numbers, as there is an agreement in japan between car manufacturers so that there isnt a HP war. Tested the car would produce nearly 320-330 HP.

The MSRP of the car is estimated at $34,000, quite a hunk of change for a car that mostly younger males will want to drive.

I havnt heard anything about the specs on the car that they will bring over, but if we're lucky it will be a full blown STi, pushing 256, but as i stated this is a conservative number, in many tests, 0-60mph and 1/4 mile times the STi beat the EVO, although through a nice mountain course the EVO was slightly faster and slightly better times, but these numbers weren't significant at all.

It all comes down to what you like better, i myself would go for the rex, but thats me i like the hood scoop, either car will eat apart just about every car on the road, it will be fun to pull up next to **** heads in camaros and mustangs and have ur little car eat them up :)

God thats a long post and i could give so much more info like the ACD and the active yaw control in the EVO but there isnt enough time
1999 Dodge Neon Coupe, Alpine CDA-9827
MB Quart PCE213 5 1/4 Components, an old Kicker 75x2 for components(forgot model number), JBL 600.1, and a Kicker 12L7(yeah i know it sux, but i get good deals, used to have shivas)

1999 Buick Regal, Clarion DXZ745MP
GEllis

Postby GEllis » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:19 am

Evo VIII all they way.

even the STI will not be able to compete with it.

the styling is much better on the Mitsu, and i don't really like the horizontally opposed four, compared to the inline...

plus the mitsu is better proven by jap. tuners already to have a higher HP and handling capability than the STI.

EVO, no question.
R34 :cwm12:
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:09 pm

why don't you like the boxer motor? just curious

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.

Return to “Automotive Performance”