Mmmmm, turbos like fall weather...

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Neon01

Postby Neon01 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:02 am

Originally posted by pooshda
I love this weather... my Supra loves it too... I see upto 4 extra lbs of boost just because of the brisk weather... I am getting extra boost the easy way with a bleeder t, and I plan on going single soon so no biggie.. Basically the turbos boost what they want to, there is no actual restriction other than t size... I drive everyday @ 16psi but now im hitting around 20psi, not a big deal though I was running 22psi last year before they finally gave out...

Car feels really fast in this weather, Im waiting on my damn tranny Id love to see if I can tap 11s before all the tracks close when I get the built tranny and some DRs!... I dont think I have enough time though :(

20 lbs of boost! Man those Supras are nuts! I've always wanted one, but just couldn't resist the lure of the German auto. I'll never be running times like yours, but I'm still enjoying every minute of it. Grim had a nutty Plymouth Laser that was pushing that kind of boost. It got pretty stupid fast before he "retired" it. Good times! :D
2 cube ported Brahma 12
Crossfire BMF1000d
Audiocontrol EQL
to "fill in" the stock system.
Neon01

Postby Neon01 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:04 am

Originally posted by AlmightyPenguin
I am still having flashbacks to my ride through that hairpin with Chris at the wheel. I swear I thought I was going to die, but that fricken S4 is about the sweetest ride I've ever been in. Besides, Neon can drive, i've just never been in a car pulling that kind of stunt, and the first time is just scary.

Course, now i have to get one of them, or maybe i'll just wait and pick up a 911.

But man, just wait for your M5!! :eek:
2 cube ported Brahma 12

Crossfire BMF1000d

Audiocontrol EQL

to "fill in" the stock system.
davidjs

Postby davidjs » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:48 am

Originally posted by Neon01
Grim had a nutty Plymouth Laser that was pushing that kind of boost. It got pretty stupid fast before he "retired" it. Good times! :D

You mean before it caught on fire on I95?? :D
Drinking from the firehose... care to join me for a sip??
"Always and never are two words you should always remember to never use..."
**Almost done, almost done**
aka Saleen999
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:11 am

neon, no worries man, I was workin that day anyhow so things were crazy, lemme know on the PITT game....and pooshda, a grainger valve would be a decent boost controller for you for the time being until you go full programmable. And from what I've been researching the AEM unit is a PAIN to tune (not a dig on the unit, just relaying info).

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
pooshda

Postby pooshda » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:27 pm

Originally posted by Sound_Miata
neon, no worries man, I was workin that day anyhow so things were crazy, lemme know on the PITT game....and pooshda, a grainger valve would be a decent boost controller for you for the time being until you go full programmable. And from what I've been researching the AEM unit is a PAIN to tune (not a dig on the unit, just relaying info).

-Greer

I hear its a pain in the *** to tune as well (if you dont know what your doing)... Im not going to mess with anything too much, I will have a professional help me tune the car... I could break way too many things if I messed up attempting to tune it... Im probably going to get an actual boost controller once I go single and not use the AEM for boost control though, it would be a PITA to change boost settings with that when I can just turn a nob :)

Neon1... thats what its all about man, enjoying your car!... It doesnt matter if you run 9s or 16s... as long as you love your car and enjoy owning it, driving it, and working on it thats all that matters!

Running some mean times and such is a nice bonus though!
StaticX313

Postby StaticX313 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:03 pm

man i wish i had turbos to try out htis fall ;).

roB~
2004 Subaru WRX STI Blue\Silver

MODS: Perrin Inlet Hose, Perrin SRI, Perrin Catch Can, Perrin Crank Pulley, Perrin Radiator Shroud, Whiteline Diff Bushings, StaticX Grounding Kit, STI Strut Bars (Front and Rear), Kuhmo 245/40ZR17s, Blitz Nur Spec R cat back, GodSpeed INC Downpipe (soon), UTEC (on preorder list).
Below Reality

Postby Below Reality » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:55 pm

Mines running right at 15psi consistantly since I got the car running.

Probably could do more once I get the engine to stop overheating.
Thermostat is stuck and electric fan relay is gone.

Ah well- the joys of always having something to work on.

take it easy,

-BR
[color="Lime"]"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true."

- James Branch Cabell[/color]

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

-George Carlin

Return to “Automotive Performance”