It's due time for a mod, help me choose...

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Neon01

Postby Neon01 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:40 pm

Saleen: well, i still have the deal, but found out it's for the chip only, so i'd have to get it soldered on. Not sure at this point whether that's what I want to do, but there's another chip up for sale right now that's at auction with the ECU. We'll see

Pooshda: yup, rediculous. here's a link to show you I aint lyin: http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/apr_exhaust_a627_full.html As for how hard I can push my turbos, it's not quite the same setup as yours. I can't just put a boost controller in and turn it up like you can. Basically the only safe way to increase boost in this car is to put in an alternate computer program (cause the computer monitors and controls EVERYTHING). They do have programs for 100 oct fuel, and yeah, the difference is big, but I'm not going to see that difference just by using the 93 oct program. Hehe, and I didn't mean I'm worried about filling up with 100 oct, it's using a gas station in the Fairfax area that's got me concerned (at least until they get that bastard).

Miata: when you say cheap, what are we talking here? Cause for the money, I think the UUC exhaust is pretty damned nice, and will hold up too (stainless). As for downpipes, yeah, I have no doubt I could do better at a custom shop. I'll talk to you on IM.

I guess the main thing at this point is to get the chip, cause unfortunately I don't have the money to do both exhaust and chip. I suppose there's a reason the S4 tuners refer to the chip as stage 1, the chip and cat-back as stage 2, and chip, and full exhaust as stage 2+.

Thanks again to everyone. You've given me some things to think about.
2 cube ported Brahma 12
Crossfire BMF1000d
Audiocontrol EQL
to "fill in" the stock system.
StaticX313

Re: It's due time for a mod, help me choose...

Postby StaticX313 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:45 pm

Originally posted by Neon01
1. ECU. Adds about 70 hp and 115 ft-lbs of torque. Seriously, I'm not joking here. This mod increases boost from .7 bar to about 1 bar, fairly benign in nature.

well that sounds like the best, but how much money is that? Is it an ecu programming device? LIke the one made by AEM and how does that pull an extra 70hp and 115ft-lbs of torque on a neon (assuming its a neon from ur s/n). I dont deny it'd give you that much, but i dont see how you'd get more torque then hp in a 4cyl...

RoB~
2004 Subaru WRX STI Blue\Silver

MODS: Perrin Inlet Hose, Perrin SRI, Perrin Catch Can, Perrin Crank Pulley, Perrin Radiator Shroud, Whiteline Diff Bushings, StaticX Grounding Kit, STI Strut Bars (Front and Rear), Kuhmo 245/40ZR17s, Blitz Nur Spec R cat back, GodSpeed INC Downpipe (soon), UTEC (on preorder list).
Neon01

Postby Neon01 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:10 pm

Static: hehe, ironic, I JUST took out the line in my sig that says "and no, I don't drive a neon". But seriously, it's not a 4 banger, it's a turbo 6.
2 cube ported Brahma 12

Crossfire BMF1000d

Audiocontrol EQL

Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Re: Re: It's due time for a mod, help me choose...

Postby Sound_Miata » Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:29 pm

Originally posted by StaticX313
well that sounds like the best, but how much money is that? Is it an ecu programming device? LIke the one made by AEM and how does that pull an extra 70hp and 115ft-lbs of torque on a neon (assuming its a neon from ur s/n). I dont deny it'd give you that much, but i dont see how you'd get more torque then hp in a 4cyl...

RoB~

it is just a chip replacement (the one he is looking at) and it is for the 2.7L biturbo 6cyl in the Audi S4 (in his logo, not his screen name)

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
StaticX313

Postby StaticX313 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:27 pm

Originally posted by Neon01
Static: hehe, ironic, I JUST took out the line in my sig that says "and no, I don't drive a neon". But seriously, it's not a 4 banger, it's a turbo 6.

np man i wasnt downing your car (even if it was a neon), was just trying to see how you were pulling more tq then hp in a 4cyl (if it was a neon), now that its a turbo v6 thats awsome and that makes sense on how you'd pull more tq then hp (since V configuration engines seem to pull more tq then Inline configurations). let us know what you do!

RoB~
2004 Subaru WRX STI Blue\Silver

MODS: Perrin Inlet Hose, Perrin SRI, Perrin Catch Can, Perrin Crank Pulley, Perrin Radiator Shroud, Whiteline Diff Bushings, StaticX Grounding Kit, STI Strut Bars (Front and Rear), Kuhmo 245/40ZR17s, Blitz Nur Spec R cat back, GodSpeed INC Downpipe (soon), UTEC (on preorder list).
Neon01

Postby Neon01 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:35 pm

oh yeah, no offense taken at all, I just thought it was a tad funny that you questioned the car the same day I took the disclaimer down. I'll keep you guys posted.
2 cube ported Brahma 12

Crossfire BMF1000d

Audiocontrol EQL

Return to “Automotive Performance”