Problem Suspension

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
ScottS

Problem Suspension

Postby ScottS » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:05 pm

Ok. I want to lower my car. about 3" all the way around. I have 3 sheets of mdf in the rear of my car. I do not want to bottom out any suggestions. Cheapest is the best :). Should i go with coil overs and then replace the rear shocks with air shocks??

Scott Stoner
Represent SSSE

So how long have you had your beard?

"Rolling with your posse is the only way to go."
Swass

"Microsoft Works" hahaha yeah right

98 civic ex coupe
2 15" brahmas, 2 PA2250D, Pair of Koda component sets, JVC HU, A wall. 47hz tune port is , get psycho.
sandt38

Re: Problem Suspension

Postby sandt38 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:42 am

Originally posted by ScottS
Ok. I want to lower my car. about 3" all the way around. I have 3 sheets of mdf in the rear of my car. I do not want to bottom out any suggestions. Cheapest is the best :). Should i go with coil overs and then replace the rear shocks with air shocks??

Scott Stoner

Hey Scott, I didn't know you posted here.

I like spindle drops in front personally. They are designed to maintain factory ride feel, and similar suspension characteristics. This will also eliminate the need for major front end mods on the car, and the stiffer suspension associated with cutting (nnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!) or shorter springs. Do the CRX have 4 wheel struts? I think they do, but I can't feed you that off the top of my head. With the weight you have in the rear, I almost suggest a stiff suspension in the rear. If it has shocks, ,I suggest trying air.
ScottS

Postby ScottS » Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:58 am

You didnt know i posted here lol :) Well this is for my 98 civic. I have a shock's with springs over them. I was thinking air. I really dont car about handleing and what not as i have all this weight in my car ya know :)
Represent SSSE

So how long have you had your beard?

"Rolling with your posse is the only way to go."

Swass

"Microsoft Works" hahaha yeah right

98 civic ex coupe

2 15" brahmas, 2 PA2250D, Pair of Koda component sets, JVC HU, A wall. 47hz tune port is , get psycho.

Return to “Automotive Performance”