Stealership took it in the rear... (long)

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Neon01

Stealership took it in the rear... (long)

Postby Neon01 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:15 am

I recently had my baby in for her 40k miles service at the Audi dealership, which includes oil change, replacement of wiper inserts, test drive by a tech to make sure everything is all right, and a few other misc things. I also requested that they put on my front license plate bracket (i didn't want to mar that sweet front end, but there it is). In addition, I brought my own Mobil 1 synth oil for the change (8 quarts of the stuff=expensive!!). Well, long story short, they keep me for about an hour longer than estimated, don't put my oil in, and screw up putting on the plate holder (drilling the wrong size holes in my bumper insert piece).

On the upside, they say they'll order a new bumper piece and have it painted (silver of course :D ) and give me another oil change when I come back. Not to mention I get a loaner for the day (Audi fact warr is pretty sweet). So finally 2 weeks later I go in to have the work done. They put the oil in, wash the car, and replace the whole bumper!! $900 worth of work (with the cost of the bumper and painting) because some tech screwed up with a drill. So now I've got a shiny new bumper sans rock chips :cwm3: Unfortunately I didn't realize that they would be replacing the ENTIRE bumper, or I would have just bought one from an RS4 (extra IC flow, more brake cooling, and slick looking to boot), and had them put *that* on. :cwm2:

But all in all I'm pretty happy. I've got to say they are very professional there, so if anyone out there needs a recommendation for an Audi dealer in the NoVA area, check out Audi of Alexandria. Plus I got to check out the other S6 and S8s they had on the lot. :D
2 cube ported Brahma 12
Crossfire BMF1000d
Audiocontrol EQL
to "fill in" the stock system.
davidjs

Postby davidjs » Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:54 am

oh, great, i've been looking for a place to get an S8... all the dealers up here just expect me to be a rich old guy... :p ;)

ohhh, right... :D

That's cool man... shame about the bumper though... the RS one looks so much sweeter...

ps: buy the chip yet?!?!?

pps: that is cool about the warranty though...
Drinking from the firehose... care to join me for a sip??
"Always and never are two words you should always remember to never use..."
**Almost done, almost done**
aka Saleen999
Neon01

Postby Neon01 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:06 am

Hehe, the chip is coming very soon. I have about 5 deals on the table right now and I'm trying to get a good price. I'll probably have it sometime next week or the week after. I'll let you know how it drives :)
2 cube ported Brahma 12

Crossfire BMF1000d

Audiocontrol EQL

Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:59 pm

sweet man...you gotta lemme know whats up with the ride. I got a contact I believe at HBL, he is an audi tech (he's a friend of Bill's, the guy we went to Old Dominion with), I can hook the two of ya up if ya'd like.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
Neon01

Postby Neon01 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:02 pm

Oh really? HBL isn't well known among the audi forum crowd, that's why I didn't go there, but I know they are a lot closer than AoA. I'd appreciate that contact, thanks. I bought my chip today. MTM with a spare ECU so I can swap out for $675. Bought it from a guy in FL who's friends with Joe Hoppen, who is the sole importer of MTM products in the US. Can't wait till it get's here, then I'll post more.
2 cube ported Brahma 12

Crossfire BMF1000d

Audiocontrol EQL

Return to “Automotive Performance”