Worst idea ever ...Nigel wrote:if you want better gas mileage learn how to draft other vehicles, put yours in neutral and voila, instant upgrade.
Driving habits can save you a ton of gas.
1) Use the lowest amount of throttle input necessary
2) If using a manual transmission, shift into 4th or 5th gear even when cruising at low speeds.
3) Inflate your tires slightly higher than recommended.
4) Speed up before hills
5) Let off the gas as soon as you know you're going to have to stop at a light.
6) Use air conditioning instead of opening your windows at high speeds. Once your car is cool, shut off air conditioning.
7) Make sure your vehicle is well-maintained (regular oil changes, tune-ups, etc.)