HOLY CRAP *MT C6 Z06 numbers*

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
User avatar
k-mart
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:21 pm
Location: VA
Contact:

HOLY CRAP *MT C6 Z06 numbers*

Postby k-mart » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:44 pm

0-60 3.5
1/4 11.5@ 127.1
Lateral acceleration 1.05 g avg

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1172117&forum_id=100
zilch
User avatar
jlaine
Posts: 18345
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 1999 1:00 pm
Location: Ely, Mn
Contact:

Postby jlaine » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:49 pm

Click click... Zoom?

hehe
Yo.
User avatar
black300zx
New Member
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: philly

Postby black300zx » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:24 am

yea, the new z06 is going to be sweet. does anyone have the link to the lap time it posted at Nurburgring(sp?).

oh, and look at those gas mileage figures! 19/28 city/highway. the crazy thing is that those numbers probably arent THAT inflated.
Eclipse 8443

JL 300/4
ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies
peerless exclusive 8" midbasses

(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(

check out my ride
User avatar
John
Posts: 8992
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:00 pm
Contact:

Postby John » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:05 am

iirc, those figure don't sound inflated at all compared to the old ones. I would expect some increases in technology use to make up for the, if it exists in a corvette market, current fuel economy demand and to balance out the increase in displacement.
User avatar
04redmach1
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:35 am
Location: ga

Postby 04redmach1 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:03 am

The new Z06 is going to be nice, but I have to say the Gt 500 is going to be hard to beat. They also said the base C6 was running low 12's. Ive seen 12.8 and that was the fastest. I like this body style better than C5 also. But when the GT 500 comes out and these 2 line up, that will make my day.
User avatar
josh99ta
Posts: 6361
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:00 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Postby josh99ta » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:34 am

04redmach1 wrote:The new Z06 is going to be nice, but I have to say the Gt 500 is going to be hard to beat. They also said the base C6 was running low 12's. Ive seen 12.8 and that was the fastest. I like this body style better than C5 also. But when the GT 500 comes out and these 2 line up, that will make my day.


I thought you were a Mustang fan? These two lining up will NOT make your day my friend. 127MPH trap speed in the lightweight frame of a C6, we're talking Ford GT killer, the GT500 is an afterthought for the C6 Z06. 127MPH trap speeds are fast enough for a 10 second pass with sticky tires in a car like that. There will be very little able to touch this car from the factory, and none of those offerings will come without a price tag double what the C6 Z06s is going to be. Game over.
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
User avatar
black300zx
New Member
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: philly

Postby black300zx » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:25 am

josh99ta wrote:I thought you were a Mustang fan? These two lining up will NOT make your day my friend. 127MPH trap speed in the lightweight frame of a C6, we're talking Ford GT killer, the GT500 is an afterthought for the C6 Z06. 127MPH trap speeds are fast enough for a 10 second pass with sticky tires in a car like that. There will be very little able to touch this car from the factory, and none of those offerings will come without a price tag double what the C6 Z06s is going to be. Game over.


yup, gotta agree with you here. and how about that prototype vette? i think they dubbed it the "blue demon" or something along those lines? imagine adding a supercharger to the z06(or even the c6, if thats the case).

chevy is going crazy with the vette, but i think they should be focusing their efforts on keeping the company alive rather than having 3 different levels of corvettes.
Eclipse 8443



JL 300/4

ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies

peerless exclusive 8" midbasses



(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(



check out my ride
User avatar
Jakezor
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Postby Jakezor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:41 am

black300zx wrote:yup, gotta agree with you here. and how about that prototype vette? i think they dubbed it the "blue demon" or something along those lines? imagine adding a supercharger to the z06(or even the c6, if thats the case).

chevy is going crazy with the vette, but i think they should be focusing their efforts on keeping the company alive rather than having 3 different levels of corvettes.


Blue Devil was the name of the 7.0l experimental/prototype/whatever 'vette.
User avatar
josh99ta
Posts: 6361
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:00 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Postby josh99ta » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:15 am

Still up in the air about the Blue Devil, only time will tell. It'll be supercar status, with performance above and beyond just about anything offered. It may never happen though, so I'm not even worrying about that one.
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way

1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
User avatar
Jakezor
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Postby Jakezor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:24 am

I've already send these numbers to my dad. He is growing bored of his '04 C5.

Josh wouldn't you say it is already in the "super car" arena?
It is faster than everything but the Enzo and the Carrera GT according to some numbers that some one @ the vette forum compiled.

the vette forum wrote:
Model------Price-----0-60------1/4-------60-0

Z06----------$69,995---3.5---11.5/127.5---104ft
SRT10--------$83,795---3.9---11.8/123.6---97ft
GT3---------$106,415---3.9---12.1/116.0---113ft
Ford GT-----$155,845---3.6---11.6/126.2---109ft
F430--------$205,932---3.8---12.0/119.7---100ft
Murcie-------$284,850---3.5---11.7/122.6---111ft
Carrera Gt---$448,300---3.6---11.1/133.4---101ft
MclarenSLR--$455,500---3.6---11.6/127.2---103ft
Enzo--------$652,830---3.4---11.0/133.9---106ft

Return to “Automotive Performance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest