HOLY CRAP *MT C6 Z06 numbers*

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
User avatar
wagz
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Boulder, CO (college)
Contact:

Postby wagz » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:51 pm

home sub
Dayton Audio Titanic MkIII
250watt parts express amp
3cuft box @ 26hz
User avatar
Jakezor
Posts: 5251
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Postby Jakezor » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:02 pm

Except the 'vette handles quite well and the Z06 only better. Not to mention that it is far underneath $100K.

I don't care about hp/l I want torque.
User avatar
black300zx
New Member
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: philly

Postby black300zx » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:09 pm

wagz wrote: noone pays $100,000+ for a ****ty plastic vette just because it goes fast in a straight line


7:43 around the nuremburgring says otherwise. not only is it fast in a straight line, its has world class handling too.

the only thing keeping it out of the league of ferrari, lambo, ect is its build quality/fit and finish.
Eclipse 8443

JL 300/4
ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies
peerless exclusive 8" midbasses

(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(

check out my ride
User avatar
josh99ta
Posts: 6361
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:00 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Postby josh99ta » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:19 pm

wagz wrote:no its not about your balls to the wall fast, its about quality, any ****head can make a fast car with a crate and an old musting 5.0 frame, the beauty is in the quality, noone pays $100,000+ for a ****ty plastic vette just because it goes fast in a straight line, i see youre ignorance is only in speed, clearly quality means nothing to you


If you pulled your head out of your *** and researched before you started posting you'd see that the C6 Z06 is the second fastest production car to run the 'ring at 7:43 lap time. It's not just a fast car in a straight line, it's a very good handling car. It's a great looking car in most people's opinion. It's comfortable and sporty. The Vette will hold up just fine in the long run, you can bet on that. What is quality to you? Keep telling yourself "quality" justifies that huge sticker on the "big boys." The C6 Z06 is a mass produced car that looks great and is built extremely well, and outperforms most of the super exotics, for a FRACTION of the price. Sure the entire car isn't hand built, but you're getting supercar performance for arond $60,000, and the car will still hold up just fine. If it's my money I'll take the new Z06 over any of the big dogs any day of the week.

Then again, I guess the supercar parked in your driveway just has the certain edge over the C6 doesn't it? What do you drive again?
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
User avatar
k-mart
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:21 pm
Location: VA
Contact:

Postby k-mart » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:35 pm

wagz wrote:man that makes me sick, done even try and say that, its a 7 leter pushrod v8 i mean id hope with a little bit of work you could get 500hp out of 7 leters

Congrats, you just got sick over something that I didn't even say. As Josh said, I was referring to the fact that the motor is built at GM's new engine assembly plant where it is balanced and blueprinted.

considering if its such a supercar the craftsmanship should be there as well
enzo 6l 650hp $640k
cerrera gt 5.7l 612hp $440k
oh wait wasnt the old vett 5.7l? but they only made 405hp out of the zo6??? $48k?
i mean honestly honda s2000 2.1l 240hp 162lb/ft torque and amazing mid to low 14's in the quarter. Not to mention its laughable roll-on acceleration.

the inefficiency of this car just baffels me

Your head must implode when you think about the Viper's 8.3L behemoth, then.

its a very fast car for the price and will carry itself well, but to make any statement compairing it to an actual "supercar" is just stupid


You're right. The fact that the only non-limited production car ON EARTH that's ran the nurburgring faster is the Carrera GT, which is nearly $400k more expensive

if you ever saw anyone on video play with it, it has the worst flimsy body paneling ive ever seen, the same as a saturn, you can push in and out the rear bumber like its weak plastic...or maybe it is, its just terrible


Actually, I've driven a 400+ HP C5 and not once did I poke or prod the body panels. I don't really understand why someone would do that. Not to mention the fact that the C6 has had nothing but rave reviews concerning its fit and finish. It seems that you're the only one with this issue.

and as far as the "blue deamon" goes id put money that it falls through just like the tiger shark did, the old supercharged vette.


Absolutely. Because EVERY concept car makes it into production, right? :cwm17:
zilch
User avatar
josh99ta
Posts: 6361
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:00 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Postby josh99ta » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:39 pm

Mid 11s at high 120 MPH trap speeds, amazing handling, and a car that will last several hundred thousand miles, $60,000


Mid 11s at high 120 MPH trap speeds, amazing handling, and a car that will last several hundred thousand miles, $500,000-$1,000,000 (you're paying for the fact that the car was hand built, so the quality will be a little higher, and you're paying for the rarity of owning an exotic, hence why they are called exotics).


Sorry scooter, that big of a price difference doesn't justify itself when they perform so close to each other. The C6 Z06 isn't a Pinto with a big block in it, it's a world class performer plain and simple. I'll pocket my $440,000 and roll the more common C6 Z06, and put that money into making it unique and personal, and much much faster.


It's all a matter of different strokes for different folks. I never said it WAS a supercar. It has supercar performance (handling and acceleration) for a tiny TINY fraction of the price. It's a supercar killer. My Trans Am will one day be a Viper killer, but that doesn't mean it'll have the fit and finish of a Viper, just that it will outperform one.
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way

1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
User avatar
k-mart
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:21 pm
Location: VA
Contact:

Postby k-mart » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:41 pm

wagz wrote: the beauty is in the quality, noone pays $100,000+ for a ****ty plastic vette because the quality blows when compaired to the more expencive compitition,
First, no one is paying $100k for any new Vette unless they're willing to pay over sticker price. In that case, I'm pretty certain that they're not going to be worrying if the buttons feel as firm as a $600k Enzo. Second, is the quality of a $15k Kia the same as a $150k Benz? Same price ratio as the Z06 and the Enzo.
zilch
User avatar
wagz
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Boulder, CO (college)
Contact:

Postby wagz » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:10 pm

k-mart wrote:First, no one is paying $100k for any new Vette unless they're willing to pay over sticker price. In that case, I'm pretty certain that they're not going to be worrying if the buttons feel as firm as a $600k Enzo. Second, is the quality of a $15k Kia the same as a $150k Benz? Same price ratio as the Z06 and the Enzo.


you missed it, but here let me restate

if this car is so unbelievable, why will it be selling for under $100,000?
and I doubt its cuz GM is being nice, they need the money more then any company with their nice junk bond status
home sub
Dayton Audio Titanic MkIII
250watt parts express amp
3cuft box @ 26hz
User avatar
mohsye
New Member
Posts: 691
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:00 am
Location: Kensal, ND
Contact:

Postby mohsye » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:25 pm

wagz wrote:you missed it, but here let me restate

if this car is so unbelievable, why will it be selling for under $100,000?
and I doubt its cuz GM is being nice, they need the money more then any company with their nice junk bond status


Because it's called a mass production car with handleing and trap speeds that'll blow the doors off every production car but ONE on the track. You talk about your hp/liter... let's talk about hp/$$. Who has the winner there? Let's talk about body panels... Have you ever touched an exotic? I take it you haven't. They are plastic thin just like every other car built for speed and times. You think they're sheet metal? Idiot.

enzo 6l 650hp - V12
cerrera gt 5.7l 612hp - V10
Vette 500 hp - V8

Yea.. you forgot to add the fact that the enzo and carrera aren't v8s. They have smaller pistons, therefore allowing them to run at higher rpms. higher rpms = more power right? you have no facts for anything and you completely retarded. You say a vette doesn't look nice? It's sleek, not some futuristic looking thing that you'd think has wings that fold out.
User avatar
wagz
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Boulder, CO (college)
Contact:

Postby wagz » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:00 pm

mohsye wrote:Because it's called a mass production car with handleing and trap speeds that'll blow the doors off every production car but ONE on the track. You talk about your hp/liter... let's talk about hp/$$. Who has the winner there? Let's talk about body panels... Have you ever touched an exotic? I take it you haven't. They are plastic thin just like every other car built for speed and times. You think they're sheet metal? Idiot.

enzo 6l 650hp - V12
cerrera gt 5.7l 612hp - V10
Vette 500 hp - V8

Yea.. you forgot to add the fact that the enzo and carrera aren't v8s. They have smaller pistons, therefore allowing them to run at higher rpms. higher rpms = more power right? you have no facts for anything and you completely retarded. You say a vette doesn't look nice? It's sleek, not some futuristic looking thing that you'd think has wings that fold out.


wow a ball-er holy **** the enzo is a 12cyl wtf does that have to do with ANYTHING great fact there mohsy, hope it gets you far. hondas run higher rpms than the mustangs, wtf is your point>?? and yea sorry i never butt ****ed an exotic, you are a ****ing moron, there are plenty of hard materials that arnt metal and dont bend like the saturns "dent resistant doors!!". i guess you should be the one designing these cars. ****ing porche sells its boxters for the same as the vette and it has nill in compairison, that SUCKS, says alot about what people think GMs worth .if its a great car make it something that if i bought it i dont see every rednick on the block also owning, give GM an actual good reputation, not a ****ing mass production car, and by mass im sure gm will sell quite a few. there is nothing proud about saying "hey my neighbor prolly owns one too"
home sub
Dayton Audio Titanic MkIII
250watt parts express amp
3cuft box @ 26hz

Return to “Automotive Performance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest