HOLY CRAP *MT C6 Z06 numbers*

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
User avatar
JordanBrown
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:00 pm
Location: Hanford, CA
Contact:

Postby JordanBrown » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:01 pm

wagz wrote:you missed it, but here let me restate

if this car is so unbelievable, why will it be selling for under $100,000?
and I doubt its cuz GM is being nice, they need the money more then any company with their nice junk bond status

Perhaps you missed it..

What is Corvette's purpose? It is not to be a Ferrari, Viper, Porsche, it is American. It is supposed to compete with those cars for a fraction of the price. Perhaps I missed it, I thought Rochester was in the U.S., but apparently it is not, since you seem to hate to think of the fact that the Corvette is being used in the same sentence as the other cars.
User avatar
wagz
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Boulder, CO (college)
Contact:

Postby wagz » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:32 pm

Jordan94z wrote:Perhaps you missed it..

What is Corvette's purpose? It is not to be a Ferrari, Viper, Porsche, it is American. It is supposed to compete with those cars for a fraction of the price. Perhaps I missed it, I thought Rochester was in the U.S., but apparently it is not, since you seem to hate to think of the fact that the Corvette is being used in the same sentence as the other cars.


actually i live in Boulder, CO, its an old profile, i know. Actually just i dont care much for the corvette, and im sure everyone in this thread is like OMG WHY?? I WORSHOP THE DAMN THING ITS SO CHEAP! yea well ****, yes i know its fast, yes i know its the second fastest production car and is was amazing on the N ring (zo6). but from an economic standpoint its sad to see a car with such good stats sell for so low a price, and to know that the only reason it sells so cheap is because it wouldent sell the same if it was more expensive. this is really a good example of how GM has ****ed up. i would never buy it simply because everyone else would have one too fresh off the assembly line and be talking about how great they were. "hey i got one too!"

and to mopyeye, i was sitting in a ford GT last week, and yes i touched the body, and guess what, unlike your girl, its not plastic

and jake, im 18, im in college, what do you think i drive, boulder has an 8 bus system thats free

this is my last post in this thread
home sub
Dayton Audio Titanic MkIII
250watt parts express amp
3cuft box @ 26hz
User avatar
jlaine
Posts: 18345
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 1999 1:00 pm
Location: Ely, Mn
Contact:

Postby jlaine » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:29 pm

wagz wrote:actually i live in Boulder, CO, its an old profile, i know. Actually just i dont care much for the corvette, and im sure everyone in this thread is like OMG WHY?? I WORSHOP THE DAMN THING ITS SO CHEAP! yea well ****, yes i know its fast, yes i know its the second fastest production car and is was amazing on the N ring (zo6). but from an economic standpoint its sad to see a car with such good stats sell for so low a price, and to know that the only reason it sells so cheap is because it wouldent sell the same if it was more expensive. this is really a good example of how GM has ****ed up. i would never buy it simply because everyone else would have one too fresh off the assembly line and be talking about how great they were. "hey i got one too!"

and to mopyeye, i was sitting in a ford GT last week, and yes i touched the body, and guess what, unlike your girl, its not plastic

and jake, im 18, im in college, what do you think i drive, boulder has an 8 bus system thats free

this is my last post in this thread


So let me get this straight... you go from one point - get your mis-information kicked back in your face by k-mart, or josh, or jake, or others... Try to skew it, fail... Then run to GM's bond status like it effects this conversation?

There's nothing proud about saying you own a dayton titanic subwoofer either, but you seem to think so - hence the fact it is in your signature...

It's a good thing it is your last post in the thread - you really aren't accomplishing anything.
Yo.
User avatar
mohsye
New Member
Posts: 691
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:00 am
Location: Kensal, ND
Contact:

Postby mohsye » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:30 pm

wagz wrote:wow a ball-er holy **** the enzo is a 12cyl wtf does that have to do with ANYTHING great fact there mohsy, hope it gets you far. hondas run higher rpms than the mustangs, wtf is your point>?? and yea sorry i never butt ****ed an exotic, you are a ****ing moron, there are plenty of hard materials that arnt metal and dont bend like the saturns "dent resistant doors!!". i guess you should be the one designing these cars. ****ing porche sells its boxters for the same as the vette and it has nill in compairison, that SUCKS, says alot about what people think GMs worth .if its a great car make it something that if i bought it i dont see every rednick on the block also owning, give GM an actual good reputation, not a ****ing mass production car, and by mass im sure gm will sell quite a few. there is nothing proud about saying "hey my neighbor prolly owns one too"


So you don't like the corvette because it's not overpriced? You just said yourself that you only like cars that are very overpriced because not everyone has them. You don't like the vette because it's an affordable car that's faster then your exotics that you like because of the high price tag. You also are trying to say the rpms don't mean anything and you compare it to a honda. You are comparing apples and orange you ****ing dip****. Next you'll be saying that Indy Cars don't make there HP from the high rpms they run... but because of how they are made. RPMs = HP It's been that way since the first engine. Faster the engine can rotate, the more power you'll get out of it. More combustions per minute. What's next from you wise mouth that everyone hear is sick of hearing because your utterly retarded?
User avatar
jlaine
Posts: 18345
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 1999 1:00 pm
Location: Ely, Mn
Contact:

Postby jlaine » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:37 pm

Enough of the name calling. Now.
Yo.
User avatar
Sound_Miata
Posts: 5052
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2000 12:00 pm
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy
Contact:

Postby Sound_Miata » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:56 am

mohsye wrote:Faster the engine can rotate, the more power you'll get out of it. More combustions per minute.


not entirely truthful. I can design an engine that will spin to 10k rpm, but will stop flowing any more power at 7k rpm. Rotation != POWER, rotation CAN equal power but not necessarily. Sit down with a fluid dynamics book for a while, cuz port velocity and cyl head flow, exhaust flow and a host of other issues come in to play real fast.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
RADEoN

Postby RADEoN » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:16 am

mohsye wrote: RPMs = HP It's been that way since the first engine.



Yeah, that explains the cummins turbo diesel. 325 horsepower at like, 2600 RPM. 600 Ft/lbs at 1600.

Displacement, compression, airflow, and an assortment of others = HP It's been that way since the first engine.
User avatar
mohsye
New Member
Posts: 691
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:00 am
Location: Kensal, ND
Contact:

Postby mohsye » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:08 am

jlaine wrote:Enough of the name calling. Now.


I wrote that above while you posted yours.

Yes, if you have more displacement. But smaller pistons, like in a indy car and the enzo and carrera like he was talking about, need the high rpms to hit that 600+ HP he was talking about out of a 5.7 L. Would you not agree to that?
User avatar
josh99ta
Posts: 6361
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:00 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Postby josh99ta » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:51 am

Wow, I wasn't aware that Chevrolet, doing the same thing they've always done, offering a car with amazing performance for a reasonable price, was a crime or devalued a car. At $60,000 you can bet your redneck neighbor wont be rolling around in one of these too. Because you see those Vipers everywhere too right? Any old average Joe can just go out and drop $60,000-80,000 any day of the week.

wagz, you lose. First it was engine efficiency (which is so far from valid it's not even funny). Then it's on to quality of body panels (who cares, the car is built well regardless). Then it's on to GM's current stock status? What next? You have no facts other than some skewed idea of what makes a car a good car. As jlaine said, go enjoy that uberrare Dayton Titanic sub.
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
User avatar
Derek
Posts: 20753
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 1999 12:00 pm
Location: in marshall's bunghole
Contact:

Postby Derek » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:01 am

<puts money for dayton titanic mk3 back in wallet....slowly walks away....>
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name

Return to “Automotive Performance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest