HOLY CRAP *MT C6 Z06 numbers*

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.

Postby Thoraudio » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:23 am

whyfore is I here?

Postby josh99ta » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:23 am

Thank you sir. I'll have to watch that movie this weekend now. :p
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten

Postby tocooldrw » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:24 pm

Diesel and gas motors are completly different. Semi's only make 350HP but have 1400LB/FT. Lingenfelter doesn't have a kit for the Z06 yet, but he does for the C6. For a mere $53,000 you can have 725HP and 730Lb/ft of torque.http://www.lingenfelter.com/C6LS2Lingenfelter427CIDTwinTurbo725HP.htm

Postby nourdmrolnmt1 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:37 pm

im gunna reitterate what wagz has said and then some.

this car sucks, it has leaf springs, those were frickin used on the FIRST cars produced, wtf is GM thinking. it must suck at handling.
also, who would ever want to be able to push the rear end body panel inward, after it has been damaged.
its plasticy, i mean its not up to Bentley, Porsche standards.

i mean Top Gear said it, it must be right.

id love to compare a car with bald tires, bad clutch, body damage done, to a car without any damage also!

god knows what im gunna do

Postby mrray13 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:46 pm

wagz wrote: there is nothing proud about saying "hey my neighbor prolly owns one too"

yet, it should be the man that makes the car, not the car that makes the man.

what is cool, is that ur neighbor and u CAN both own one. it's not outa reach for supercar performance at full size suv prices. well, american fullsize suvs..those german imports go a bit higher....lol....

just think..all the perfomance of the enzo, with cupholders and cruise control....and better gas mileage...lmao.....it's the american way!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cwm18:
anyway, i'll shut up now :P

2004 Chevy Silverado X-cab Z-71
hu:Clarion DXZ955MC
fronts: Memphis SQ 6.5
rears: Memphis M-class 4x6's
amp: Memphis Belle (the big one)
subs: Memphis Mclass 10's x 4

the old dodge

Postby Nigel » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:38 am

just as a note, look at all of the top speed airplanes, boats etc.. ALL of their body panels flex. WHY? because at extreme speeds the flex with the air pressure against them to allow for a more aerodynamic line. It is used with all fighter jets, they flex. If my vehicle had absolutely no flex whatsoever I'd be driving an 82 pontiac parisienne. No flex, no mileage, no speed. Just a huge block of metal that doesn't break, but I guess that means it's a much better vehicle. And they can be bought for < $1000 wow that's a huge dollar to value ratio, must be the best car in the world then.

'03 S-dime ext. Cab.
Dropped 3" all around
Shadow billet grill
18" Beyern Type Five's in Hyper Silver
Nexen N3000 245/45ZR18 rubber
Eurolite clear tails
clear corners
Truxedo Truxsport Tonneau Cover

Alpine CDA-7998 source unit
Clarion SRS 1686 6.5" comp set up front
OZ Audio ME 12.4 in a 2 cube ported box at 34 Hz
JBL GTO 601.1 II Sub amp
JBL GTO 75.2 II comp. amp
12 sq. ft. Dynamat Extreme on roof

Postby rthompson » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:48 pm

HP/L makes me want to bang my head against the wall, it is a feeble minded man's arguement....... especially when you call it efficiency..... HP/L has nothing to do with how much fuel a car takes to move it a mile....
Duffman says a lot of things... oh yeah!!

"Don't think about greasy pork......" Jakezor
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:39 pm

while I don't agree with the HP/L comment, it CAN express efficiency, volumetric efficiency specifically, which doesn't say how much fuel it takes to move a mile, but that is a completely different version of efficiency now aint it :) mpg efficiency is a function of engine, VE, gearing and a host of other issues :)

*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.

Postby black300zx » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:55 pm

nourdmrolnmt1 wrote:this car sucks, it has leaf springs, those were frickin used on the FIRST cars produced, wtf is GM thinking. it must suck at handling.

yea, a lap time in the high 7 min range points that out:cwm22: the 1g+ skidpad number also points to HORRIBLE handling. it's the second fasted production car around the nurbergring, but it sucks at handling......:cwm11:
Eclipse 8443

JL 300/4
ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies
peerless exclusive 8" midbasses

(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(

check out my ride

Postby John » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:43 pm

Most cars have a little give to the panels, it's not always so much about the panel construction, but more about the reinforcement. For example, the way certain parts of the bumpers on the c5 will warp a little. If you hit something, of course things will break, but at least it won't just crack due to stress (viper)...

wagz wrote:i was sitting in a ford GT last week, and yes i touched the body, and guess what, unlike your girl, its not plastic

Woo, you sat in / touched a ford gt(40?) and it felt solid you say? Well the door panels are quite rigid, hell they make up a good portion of the roof, they have to be. As for the body panels, smack one, yes, actually press on one (and try to get away with it), news.....THEY FLEX!!! I've played with one myself, they are super-plastic-formed-aluminum composite panels. I've done the same to a lambo...much stiffer, aluminum & carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic, but it still flexes quite a bit in the places one would expect it to. *

Comparing them (gt40) to a vette, fine, but look at the cost of the ford!!!

The engine composition was already brought up, it's not just all about displacement. Also realize that some cars, like the gt40 and mclaren, are supercharged as well.

wagz wrote:and to know that the only reason it sells so cheap is because it wouldent sell the same if it was more expensive.

History buddy, when comparable performance wise, has the vette ever really had an extremely jacked up price comprable to that of those foreign exotics?

* EDIT: I've had a chance to also play with other plastic/composite materials, like the military ones mentioned. There's a plastics/composites company in town here that has made samples for various "exotic" auto companies, but, if used, they keep their buyers secret from the public. Note, this company also makes composites for military applications. I am not sure on the companies current workings, it recently changed owner(s) and names and what not...

Return to “Automotive Performance”