Accident.....Need some replacement tire suggestions...

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
John

Accident.....Need some replacement tire suggestions...

Postby John » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:59 am

You can skip this first two paragraphs...Imo, I have some of the best odd stories. It’s raining around here. Okay, so the first car accident, an attractive lady comes out of a parking lot, taps the brakes, fails to yield the right away, and my cav’s front passenger corner slams her cav’s driver door/fender. My tire is flattened by a piece of debris from her vehicle, my passenger door doesn’t open (pushed back fender), and her drivers door is done for. I knew the cop well too. Long story short, I throw on a friends full size tire. The alignment’s off of course, but we all check it out, I try it out, the car drives just fine, and I’m nt to far away from the pad.

Same corner of the car, another attractive lady, another cavalier, same ****ing story, and the same cop. All of this within an hour. Maybe I can be on one of those insurance commercials? After the second one the cop followed me just to be sure I made it lol. We were actually laughing about it at this point, also as I really haven’t had the car that long either. All in all, I wasn’t really mad and I have a new found respect for the durability of cavaliers (at least mine). I was in a good mood this morning prior to this all and I am staying that way. Getting the car checked out, probably fix what I can, or maybe I’ll see if I can just call it a total loss or whatever as it can't be worth much.

READ:
We’ll see what happens, in the mean time...Besides the one tire that went flat, I also have needed to replace the rest of them, this just gave me the incentive to look. What is/was currently on were some goodyear P185/75R14 tires, which treated me just fine. I’m looking for something different, any brand, all around tires for dry/wet/snow. I’ll take a little round noise if it benefits the traction/etc in some way. Nothing too expensive really, but we’ll see.

Hmmm...I do have four donut spares laying at a friends......:cwm21:
John

Postby John » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:01 pm

Locally, I know can get a good deal on a set of Kumho Touring A/S 795 195/70SR14 or a set of Pirelli P400 Touring 195/70TR14 for only a little more per. Opinions?
RADEoN

Postby RADEoN » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:07 pm

What I'd do is wait until you get it fixed, then align it, then look at new tires. I'd take kumho's before pirelli's. At my dad's garage, they often get compaints of lacking tread life.

Return to “Automotive Performance”