Head lights

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
triggergun

Postby triggergun » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:32 pm

My wife has a 05 maxima.. They are projector headlights. The "blue" you are seeing is the halo ring or "angle eye" around the low beam bulb. My truck has the same setup but with piaa bulbs. The bulbs look uber blue compaired to the maxima though... not sure if you can copy that color of blue..

EDIT.. its a 2006 not a 2005 and they are HID projectors.
2006 JETTA 2.5

2 Alpine 12" type R sealed
2 sets Type R componets
2 Alpine MRP f650's
1 MRP f450
Alpine IVA w200
Knu Koncept wire
Alpine PXA H701 eq
Shooter61

Postby Shooter61 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:11 pm

Hey guys thanks for the input especially triggergun, and serg4u, I am going to be saving for about the next five months for a dive trip to mexico, but if I get that all put away it's back to the GP and that is deffinetly on the to do list. Thanks again for the input, and sorry it took so long to get back I have been way backed up lately!
Show before go, can't lose your license for being too loud

CDA-9851
KCA-420-i
30 GB iPod Video
Kicker SX700.4
CDT EF 6.1 comp *Rear*
CDT HD 5.25 Braxial *Front*
Rockford Fosgate P400.2
2 Massive Audio PW10's
Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:18 am

Shooter61 wrote:... and sorry it took so long to get back I have been way backed up lately!

You may want to see a doctor about that...then again, you're going to Mexico, so drink some water, that will clear right up for you. :D

SERG4U wrote:I hope its ok to post pics from another site as I really dont know the rules too well here ,but this my car with 5300K HIDS and 3000K HID fogs

I like bloo fogs, personally. Did you buy the yellowed HID bulbs? I much prefer this look Clicky on me

Maybe not as effective if you actually get fog, but I don't live anywhere near where fog is a problem. I also haven't bothered to change out my fogs to anything...I don't even turn them on, LOL. If I did use them, though, I'd probably go with the bloo ones.

Big Mack
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

"I've got mail!! Yay!!" --Special Ed

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

To my fallen brethren, you are NOT forgotten. To the usurpers of freedom, you are NOT forgiven!!
SERG4U

Postby SERG4U » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:42 am

Yes I did have those fogs, but didnt like them because even thoe I had both 5300K lows and fogs the fogs looked differant...I think it had to do with the fact that my fog housing is real glass and the low housing is not..its some type of plastic..............enjoy

Tree was in the way thats why it looks like 1 headlight is out

I love my new camra..
Alpine 9855....got me the ipod hook up as well
Polk Audio db's all around
Kicker SX900.4
Kicker SX900.2
Kicker 12"L7
Shooter61

Postby Shooter61 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:50 am

You may want to see a doctor about that...then again, you're going to Mexico, so drink some water, that will clear right up for you. :D

yeah kinda had that one coming at me, sorry I have been a little busy lately!:cwm11:
Show before go, can't lose your license for being too loud

CDA-9851
KCA-420-i
30 GB iPod Video
Kicker SX700.4
CDT EF 6.1 comp *Rear*
CDT HD 5.25 Braxial *Front*
Rockford Fosgate P400.2
2 Massive Audio PW10's
nismo

Postby nismo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:08 pm

I hope you have "PROJECTOR" HID's. The D2S bulb without the D2S housing is dangerous, as is the D2R without the D2R reflector housing. This puts more light everywhere, including the eyes of oncoming cars. That may cause someone to wreck, and it's extremely blinding.

The D2S projector CAN be retrofitted to another housing, but just using the bulb and ballast is illegal. Besides, you're just putting more light where it shouldn't be. The properly designed housings cut the lights off so they do not blind oncoming cars, and still allow much better vision.

Eric
SERG4U

Postby SERG4U » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:36 am

The retro fit is already in the plan....I have the an extra set of headlight housing...

And I do have my hids aim lower......I know what you mean about blinding people. I had my brother drive down a street that has some bumps on the road to test them.
So far I have had no people flash at me or even pulled over(COPS), but yeah Retro is the only way to go. I can and have been getting away with driving like this, but I dont care too much longer.Yes even with them aim lower you still get better lighting then you would with the stock lights, but I want that sharp cut off line that only a Projector will do. I'm thinking ether TSX or S2K....I would go TL's but they hard to find on ebay and too much really.
Alpine 9855....got me the ipod hook up as well
Polk Audio db's all around
Kicker SX900.4
Kicker SX900.2
Kicker 12"L7

Return to “Automotive Performance”