All 4 Kumho's finished.

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
UNIT 6639

Postby UNIT 6639 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:21 am

Sound_Miata wrote:what year nissan? curious because I had a similar issue with my wifes nissan frontier from the factory, excessive outer wear (bad toe)...and I know the 350z's have had alignment issues during their first and second year as well.

curious.

-Greer

2004 Altima 2.5s
Pioneer HU
Stock comps
eD 9.1
15" Avalanche ported
Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:00 am

UNIT 6639 wrote:Yes my alignment is off and I guess its time to repair this issue before putting the rims back on.

Thanks everyone for your input. Lesson learned the hard way.

Ummm...no. If you plan on using the newer rims, then you have to replicate the problem for the alignment to be worth anything. If you immediately swap out a factory wheel/tire to the other ones, you could cause a problem again. It's entirely possible that the height changes and needs adjustment, so your best bet is to find a place that does both tires and alignments, or buy the new tires and drive IMMEDIATELY over to a place that does the alignments. Either way, have the alignment done with the new rims/tires on, not the factory ones.

And thankfully you learned your lesson without getting hurt...riding with holes deep enough to show the belts on one side with a full tread on the other shows that the car was very dangerous to operate.

Big Mack
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

"I've got mail!! Yay!!" --Special Ed

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

To my fallen brethren, you are NOT forgotten. To the usurpers of freedom, you are NOT forgiven!!
UNIT 6639

Postby UNIT 6639 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:56 am

Big Mack wrote:Ummm...no. If you plan on using the newer rims, then you have to replicate the problem for the alignment to be worth anything. If you immediately swap out a factory wheel/tire to the other ones, you could cause a problem again. It's entirely possible that the height changes and needs adjustment, so your best bet is to find a place that does both tires and alignments, or buy the new tires and drive IMMEDIATELY over to a place that does the alignments. Either way, have the alignment done with the new rims/tires on, not the factory ones.

And thankfully you learned your lesson without getting hurt...riding with holes deep enough to show the belts on one side with a full tread on the other shows that the car was very dangerous to operate.

Big Mack

Thanks Big Mack. That was what I had planned on doing. I am pretty suprised that the sales people at sears did not inform me that I would need to get a knew alignment after they installed the new rims.

This simple question from them would have saved me quite a bit of coin.
2004 Altima 2.5s

Pioneer HU

Stock comps

eD 9.1

15" Avalanche ported
Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:27 am

UNIT 6639 wrote:Thanks Big Mack. That was what I had planned on doing. I am pretty suprised that the sales people at sears did not inform me that I would need to get a knew alignment after they installed the new rims.

This simple question from them would have saved me quite a bit of coin.

I agree, but unfortunately for all of us, customer service is at an all-time low. Wonder why Nordstrom's survives? Because they give good service, and people are willing to pay for it. I've seen many debates on it, but if a store goes out of their way to help me like a family member or friend would, they've earned my business for sure. Totally worth it to me to not have to deal with the Wal-mart mentality.

Big Mack

Return to “Automotive Performance”