in progress pics of my truck...comments?

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
nismo

in progress pics of my truck...comments?

Postby nismo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:18 pm

josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:33 pm

Looks good. Now you just need a big front mount intercooler behind that grill to really set it off. :) Polish up that metal a bit though, looks a little dull. And it looks like you're lights look good, but if they get hazy, sand them (wetsand, 500 grit, 1000, 1500, 2000) then top them off with a plastic scratch remover (Meguiars #9) to make them look crystal clear and brand new again. Then all you have to do is lower it, throw on some new wheels and tires, get a roll pan, bed cover, and put some TLC into the paint to really get it gleaming, and you'll be done. Now get to work. :)
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
nismo

Postby nismo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:05 pm

The grill will be painted body color, the bumper openings in front will be filled, the ends will be sanded and filled, and the mesh will be painted silver. The headlight buckets will stay the color they are now though, in order to match the mesh. Everything behind the mesh will get a flat black color so as to not be visible. :)

Hopefully, I'll be getting European code H4 headlight housings, and I will use Silverstars in combination with the relays I built to get extra voltage to the headlights (my stock headlights saw 2v+ drop, now it sees < .1v drop). The stock brights are dimmer than my newly wired lows...so once I get a good pattern, and put in some bright bulbs, I should be in great shape!

Not lowering the truck...I live where there's LOTS of snow. I put 28.2" tires on it vs. the stock 26.3" tires! I want 18's, and just use the current wheel/tire combos as the winter wheels. I've got a hard tonneau that covers my dual 1000 cranking amp batteries and 4 amplifiers. The truck will be metallic black eventually (I'm hoping), but I gotta fix the cab corner cancer first.

Eric

Return to “Automotive Performance”