Holden Efijy Concept :drool;

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
John

Postby John » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:46 pm

nourdmrolnmt1 wrote:http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/Holden-EFIJY-Concept/

those good enough? i need a 1920x1080 :D

I could prob put together a wallpaper this weekend.....
JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:33 pm

Unlike the Monaro concept car of 1998, which relied on public suport to go into production, Holden says there are absolutely no plans to build the Efijy.

"It's all about fun," says spokesman Jason Laird. "We want people to be stunned by the car."

"There is no need to look into it for any sort of possibility of production. There is absolutely zero production intent.

"We did it because we could. We just wanted to do a fun show car. It's important designers have a creative outlet."

The body is made of fibreglass and underneath there's the chassis of the previous model (C5) Chevrolet Corvette.

"We had one (Corvette) lying around," says Laird. "So we decided to use it for the Efijy."

· Engine: GM 6.0-litre, LS2 aluminium V8 with Roots-type supercharger

· Bore and stroke: 101.6 mm x 92.0 mm

· Compression ratio: 10.9:1

· Power and torque: 480kW (645 bhp) @ 6400 rpm

· Torque: 775Nm (560 ft/lb) @ 4200 rpm

· Length: 5162mm Width: 1999mm

· Height – drive setting: 1386mm Height – show setting: 1274mm

· Ground clearance - drive: 139mm Ground clearance - show: 27mm

· Track front: 1640mm Track rear: 1660mm

· Wheelbase: 2946mm
Penguin4x4

Postby Penguin4x4 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:06 pm

*boner*
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:42 am

great custom hot rod, not so great in production :)

GM probably dumped 2mil or more into building that car (factoring time, press, G&A, etc) when they are struggling in other areas(production cars etc), and while this car is beautiful, it will do little if anything to get buyers into GM showrooms, which should be their chief worry right now.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:44 am

Sound_Miata wrote:great custom hot rod, not so great in production :)

GM probably dumped 2mil or more into building that car (factoring time, press, G&A, etc) when they are struggling in other areas(production cars etc), and while this car is beautiful, it will do little if anything to get buyers into GM showrooms, which should be their chief worry right now.

-Greer

Yeah, exactly, cuz who cares about returning the company to any kind of profitability? Never mind that the stock price is tumbling...never mind that they are a bellweather for the economy of this country...never mind that the rebates and the "employee pricing" screwed their customers. When I say that, think about if you bought a Tahoe or Yookon before that. Say you bought a model priced at $38-40K. All of the sudden, the "employee price" comes out at $30K. Even if you put down $10K when you bought it, even with 0% financing, you're going to be way, WAY upside down in that truck. Go to trade it in, and they'll give you less than $23K for it in 3 years. Great plan!! If I were a GM customer, which I'm not, I'd not be happy. And it's not just GM who screwed their customers with this, but they started it, and this post was about them, so I'm not singling them out.

Big Mack
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

"I've got mail!! Yay!!" --Special Ed

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

To my fallen brethren, you are NOT forgotten. To the usurpers of freedom, you are NOT forgiven!!
nourdmrolnmt1

Postby nourdmrolnmt1 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:02 pm

Big Mack wrote:Yeah, exactly, cuz who cares about returning the company to any kind of profitability? Never mind that the stock price is tumbling...never mind that they are a bellweather for the economy of this country...never mind that the rebates and the "employee pricing" screwed their customers. When I say that, think about if you bought a Tahoe or Yookon before that. Say you bought a model priced at $38-40K. All of the sudden, the "employee price" comes out at $30K. Even if you put down $10K when you bought it, even with 0% financing, you're going to be way, WAY upside down in that truck. Go to trade it in, and they'll give you less than $23K for it in 3 years. Great plan!! If I were a GM customer, which I'm not, I'd not be happy. And it's not just GM who screwed their customers with this, but they started it, and this post was about them, so I'm not singling them out.

Big Mack

no you are wrong, well sorta...

the actual avg price that customers paid for the vehicles went up. since there were no rebates.
god knows what im gunna do
JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:10 pm

Yes the employee discount price was higher than they would have sold all the vehicles trying to clear them like they normally do. They didn't make any money on it, but were better off doing what they did.
Justin W
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula, California

Postby Justin W » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:43 pm

I always heard the people that made off the best were the ones that got 0% financing and a few rebates...
Justin W

Listen with your ears... not someone else's.

Return to “Automotive Performance”