14:71 blowers

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
lil nismo

14:71 blowers

Postby lil nismo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:14 pm

does anybody know any engine made by mopar that can turn a 14:71 blower? im researching motors that can use a huge super charger. i want to know because a car i hope to make is a '68 charger with slightly more than 1000hp my plan is to have a car that will do 0-200mph in right in the neighborhood of 11sec. i want an 8sec car that makes highschoolers crap them self when they get toasted in their expensive car that mommy and daddy bought them that they thought was fast:D

evan
im marshall's hero

i must be part indian cuz im from the slap-a-hoe tribe:D
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:20 pm

riiiggghhhhtttt....
let me know how that works out...

a better option would just be to go ahead and buy one of thoes go karts that use 300hp supercharged b16's and scoot to 60 in 2.0sec if you can shift fast enough.

or perhaps a new F-460?
MrSector9

Postby MrSector9 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:41 pm

plan on spending the dollars

Best bet is to start out with one of the mopar crate hemis then build form their I guess, one of them NA is aorund 800 horse mind you it is expensive :)

oh and btw you dont need 1000 hp to crap out highschool kids you only need like 300 to smoke most of them :) there is exceptions to every rule however a charger is a big heavy car, you owudl eb better off with possibly a dart witha 600 horse engine with the correct chassis mods could do 9/10 seconds quarters
danssoslow

Postby danssoslow » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:36 pm

lil nismo wrote:does anybody know any engine made by mopar that can turn a 14:71 blower? im researching motors that can use a huge super charger. i want to know because a car i hope to make is a '68 charger with slightly more than 1000hp my plan is to have a car that will do 0-200mph in right in the neighborhood of 11sec. i want an 8sec car that makes highschoolers crap them self when they get toasted in their expensive car that mommy and daddy bought them that they thought was fast:D

evan

If your looking to do 200mph, I'd look to start with an automobile with better aerodynamics. 3rd gen Camaro would be great, unless your strictly a Mopar guy. I'm not trying to say it isn't possible, and I'd be the second in line to take a ride, but the Charger idea would be awfuly expensive. Besides, there aren't many '68 Chargers around, keep it clean and it'll turn heads on it's own.
For the performance, I would get a bike. GSXR w/ turbo= pantymagnet.
No. Really.

soundcannon wrote: i am an english wiz
nismo

Postby nismo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:18 pm

Dan,
My lil bro can't keep himself on a bicycle...a turbo cycle is a recipe for death!

Eric
lil nismo

Postby lil nismo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:27 pm

im not a biker and i want a charger ive loved the car since the rice and the rediculous i mean fast and the furious. im not a strict mopar guy but the thing is ford did it with something about the same aerodynamics the super boss lawman. ohh by the way in the movie the black charger

im willing to spend the bucks for the car of my dreams i am willing to take weight off and possibly make a tube frame and that will shead some pounds and i dont want to frighten highschoolers i want to make them **** in their shorts and **** their pants at the same time

evan
im marshall's hero

CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:31 pm

LMAO
ya didnt even think about that...200mph in 11sec is probably running 8's in the quarter mile... to run 8's isnt a matter of having 1000bhp, its a matter of arodynamics, weight, transmission , rear end, traction, downforce...excetera...
if you want mopar and you want 200mph in 11sec may as well drop the cash for a Viper and then drop the cash for a pair of T4's.
lil nismo

Postby lil nismo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:33 am

a viper is not a charger you cruise around in a viper peolple think your an ******* and if you roll up in a charger with a big *** blower poppin out the hood and your like dang thas nasty. and if i get hit in a viper id not wanna be run tfo by a larger vehicle in a charger your less of a ramp and in my openion the charger looks so nasty and the viper is just ...not

evan
im marshall's hero

lil nismo

Postby lil nismo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:49 am

what motor sizes does mopar make cuz i know they make the 426 hemi but what other motors do they make??

evan
im marshall's hero

Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:59 am

lil nismo wrote:what motor sizes does mopar make cuz i know they make the 426 hemi but what other motors do they make??

evan

you realize that a 200+mph car will not be street legal, especially a charger body right???? at 1kHP+ and 8 second, you are talking full cage, full slicks and more, this will no longer be a street legal vehicle, that is straight out drag. Forget what F&F might claim, and at 1k+ HP forget running 93 octane.

seriously, start reading some mopar history, a 68 charger in good condition will set you back a min of 30, rusted bodies/floorpans will run in the 10-15 range. for what you want, start with a true tub chassis and drop a fiberglass shell on it for racing.

sorry man, to make HS crap their pants, 500ish HP will do, get a 440 (more readily avail) or the rare 426, tune it right, and you'll have a reliable 500ish HP and a lot of fun.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.

Return to “Automotive Performance”