14:71 blowers

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
lil nismo

Postby lil nismo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:06 am

i dident so much want the performance from the f&f but i like the looks. i was mainly inspired by tim allen's '56 ford with a big old blower on a 426 hemi cuz he was making 1100hp. i want the performance from the super boss lawman. im not opposed to a fiberglass body it just hadent occured to me and i just kind of forgot. i do like that idea:D but tim allen is my true inspiration. is there a way that i could put drag radials on or is that the not the only limiting factor to make it street legal??

evan
im marshall's hero

i must be part indian cuz im from the slap-a-hoe tribe:D
RADEoN

Postby RADEoN » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:26 am

yeah the difference is, tim allen has more than hopes and dreams to build a car with.
MrSector9

Postby MrSector9 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:42 am

engine sizes i will try to get most of them.. the list also is mostly the older engine from the 50s-80s and i only included the V8's

383 hemi
426 hemi
426 wedge

As for making it street legal you would need all the regular things a car would need to be street legal,lights, horn, DOT approved tires (mickey thompson street ET), etc, etc.

Also the 426 isn't very rare anymore as you can buy the block/internals from Mopar Performance since they reissued it,same as they reissued an aluminum block 340.Like I said look into the Crate Engines by Mopar here are the specs on the one I mentioned earlier.It will put you ona VERY good start to 1000hp

528 hemi bore:4.50 stroke:4.15 disp.:528.0 RB: 610 hp
lil nismo

Postby lil nismo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:34 pm

RADEoN wrote:yeah the difference is, tim allen has more than hopes and dreams to build a car with.

tim allen had to start somewhere. i want to build custom cars when i get out on my own and if it takes me 20 years ill have that car. why do you not have dreams too. personally i dont know anyone who dosent have dreams for a car... so if your telling me i wont get the car that only makes me work harder to get that car. your not the first to tell me that it is gonna be hard to get it. oooh and tim allen dident just inherit that anything its from working.

evan
im marshall's hero

CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:20 pm

Ok dont want a viper, id still reccomend finding the 505 and twin turboing it. Turbo 505 > Blown 426
more powerful engine that doesnt weight a whole lot mroe (may be even lighter) it will be alot easier to tune (with the kind of cash yo uare talking about you may as well go ahead and buy a lap top and tuning program and plug the thing right into your diagnostic port)
of course its going to take some fabrication to get the longer block into the engine compartment.
As far as people thinking a Charger with a big old blower and butter fly air regulator sticking out of it makes you a big ***? IMO it makes you think a jack *** because of the stereo types with classic car guys and their blown engines own all other cars including exotics.
plus who else has a turbo charger? no one...and because it fits into the classic car category the DOT allows it to have open exaust (at least in FL) Twin Turbo + Open Exaust + v10 = sex to my ears.
and wiht turbo's you can drop the boost to nothing and run it off of pump gas and when you want to go Death fast you can pour some C16 race gas in there and shoave1bar down its throat. wit the twist of a knob and a few fule flow adjustments.
You dont nessicarily need drag radials... id run it on some R-Compound tires.
R coumpound > Drag radials.
MrSector9

Postby MrSector9 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:00 pm

You can buy the v10 Viper engine as a crate engine from Mopar Performance :P if i recall correctly it makes 455 hp and is 488 CI :)

that woudl be a RAD setup a twinturbo v-10 ... also gives you the ease of FI and electronic igitions to be programmable.... :)VERY nice
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:24 pm

the viper v10 is 505 hp and 505ci ;)
MrSector9

Postby MrSector9 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:44 pm

not 100% sure about the newest model viper engine config but the older ones were a 488 with 455hp and as you stated that was bumped up to 525 in 1995 wiht the gts-r with a 650 and 750hp engine model also available. Not sure what year they switched from the 8.0 litre to the 8.3 litre however

I ammostly into oldschool mopars and not much of afan of the new stuff however the new SRT8 Charger should be interesting to see with the 425 hp :)
DanWiggins

Postby DanWiggins » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:04 pm

Go here: http://www.moparengineswest.com/index.htm and expect to drop ~$10,000 for a streetable 800 HP monster 528.

To embarass the local kids, though, doesn't take much. I love watching them try to out-gun Gracie... Nothing like having a little kid in his loud-exhaust Honda try to take you at the light. Gracie's not much - just a humble 1963 Mercury Comet - but with the light massaging of the 260 V8 she's got around 260 HP. And around 330 lb-ft of torque. In a car that weighs in - with driver and full tank of gas - around 2800 pounds. And THAT is where you win.

They pull up, blip the gas, I smile. Light turns green, Gracie's rears chirp a bit, and I'm gone. After 5-6 seconds, it's over. I've got 8-10 carlengths and still pulling away when I get off the gas. Can't hang in the first 5-6 seconds? Then it's over.

Get a slick looking pre-68 car (no issues with emissions), drop in a big V8 (even a stock engine with a better intake and carb will add significant gains), a set of throaty Flowmasters (I like my 2.5" 40s), and you're set. Different, and more than enough to trounce all but the wildest rice-burner in street comps...

Remember, in street racing it's torque that is king. You want a LOT of torque, and you want it from down low in the RPM band. I'd much rather have 300 lb-ft of torque from 1500 RPM and up and just 200 HP, than 260 HP and 200 lb-ft of torque available from 3000 RPM and up. It's the light-to-60 MPH that matters, and torque is going to be your friend. Big displacement wins here for the cheapest and best way to make big numbers.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio®
What box do you want? SQ or SPL? Neither. You want SQL, which is an entirely different thing. You want the box to quad and give lots of Hertz...

[color="Cyan"]We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams[/color]
lil nismo

Postby lil nismo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:04 pm

the viper motor is definitely something i would take into consideration what numbers could you expect to see from a viper motor with turbos and or a blower. i know that you get bigger numbers on the hp scale but im a fan of old school kind of power namely superchargers. anyone knowing of superchargers what would you rank whipple superchargers. also would the viper v10 run a 14:71 with minor problems??? i know that the 14:71 is stdraight huge and most motors cant turn it too well and the biggest i was told to use was a 10 or 12:71.

evan
im marshall's hero

Return to “Automotive Performance”