14:71 blowers

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
mohsye

Postby mohsye » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:40 pm

Well... you can't forget headers with straight pipes to right behind the front wheels so that Hondas exhaust gets shut out by something good sounding.
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:16 pm

tim allen is a no talent a** clown that had someone else do his work, his support of all things steeda is further proof of that.

I digress...if you want a comedian/car guy to model after, go leno.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
danssoslow

Postby danssoslow » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:33 pm

I'll somewhat agree about Tim Allen. That silver truck of his, which I believe you're refering to Lil Nismo, was bought by Tim at an auction.
No. Really.

soundcannon wrote: i am an english wiz
lil nismo

Postby lil nismo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:37 pm

from an interview with him he either had it build or built it himself. i dont look up to him for a car role model i just love the car i had thought of something similar myself i definately like leno alot better than tim allen he is kind of a jack ***. if you thought i was supportive earlier all that i was trying to imply was that everybody has to start somewhere.

evan
im marshall's hero

i must be part indian cuz im from the slap-a-hoe tribe:D
danssoslow

Postby danssoslow » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:44 pm

I hear you. Watching The Ultimate Fighter Finals:) , I'm reminded of the "Sick Fish" Cuda that belongs to Joe Rogan. It you haven't seen it, you should check it out. As a matter of fact, I believe both the Tim Allen truck and the Cuda were in the same Hot Rod magazine. Pro Touring all the way!
No. Really.

soundcannon wrote: i am an english wiz
John

Postby John » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:04 am

This thread is funny....lil nis, you're still in high school....don't o**** your chickens before they hatch, in other words, work on gathering the funds before you start planning the project......at least try to steal your brothers truck first...

edit: haha, I typed "count" up there, but I miss must have misplaced the o
lil nismo

Postby lil nismo » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:27 pm

i know that i dont have the funds to make the car yet but if you read one of my other posts on this topic i did say if it took me 20 years that i would have the car.

evan
im marshall's hero

i must be part indian cuz im from the slap-a-hoe tribe:D
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:54 pm

Its one thing to have 1000hp, it's an entirely different thing to get that power to work with you to cover the 1/4 mile in 8 seconds. And that kind of work takes a LOT of time, money, and know-how. If you're talking high school kids with high school budgets and high school experience, unless you're incredibly wealthy and drop it off at an amazing shop, you're going to be out of luck on this one.

And 8 second 1/4 mile is insanely fast. I'd say about the fastest you're going to get and still have a "street car" is going to be in the 9s, and most really REALLY fast street cars are 10 second cars. These cars maybe make up less than 1% of whats on the road though.
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten

Return to “Automotive Performance”