I have heat in my truck again!

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
black00

I have heat in my truck again!

Postby black00 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:43 am

Ok...this has been going on for over a year....maybe 2 years i'd say...
No heat in the truck.....but for the longest time i lived like 3 or 4 miles from my work so i always chaulked it up as not long enough to warm up...
NOW...........it was cold...i live 25 minutes from work and still breathing frost all the way there...not cool....
So i was despirate...last year...or so ...i changed from 160degree to 180degree thermo thinking the coolant wasn't getting hot enough.......

No i'was getting suggestions that the flaps were not opening up at my heater venting....

And of the course the moronic "YOUR HEATER CORE HAS GONE OUT".......ok.....i'm not a mechanic.......but ....but the heater core doesnt use power.........all it does it let air blow over it onto your ***.......it doesn't GO OUT.....its either leaking ....or not leaking.... so i wasn't about to take my whole dash out and replace it for no good reason......

But i was....grasping at straws cause i thought maybe a vac line was undone or my hot to cold pot was gone bad.....
I was ready to put a 210 thermo in just to see if it helped...

Then i asked on s10forum.com (you know me i don't spam other forums...i'm just tellin you where i got my help from) anyway...dude said to take the hoses off at the fire wall in the engine compartment and run a hose into it and try to flush it out cause it might be clogged........... :) ...he was right........
I've had 2 pro mechanics look at this thing and they couldn't figure it out.......a top ford tech (which this is chevy but he's still friggin smart) and the 2nd master mechanic at a Drag Shop "DragginSpeed" and neither of them even considered this .... i told my cousin what the guy said (which is the mech at dragginspeed) and his eyes kinda lit up...like "damn....it is possible lets see" he walked over to my truck took some big ole needle nose and jerked the hoses off their ports and stuck a jet hose in one and said...find a place to stand...i moved and he shot rust and black **** and corrosion till it went pink........then clear...and said "hmm.........that was quite possibly the problem" put it all back together...flushed the system.....put new anti freeze in..........ran the truck for about half hour or more adding when he felt it needed more ....
I stuck my hand in the truck and BOOM..............................HOT AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG I AM FOR TEH HEAT ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!....

So....make a mental note...............
if you lose your heat one day....... take the input and output hoses for your heater core off and spray hose water into them till it runs clean...
and see if that helps.
DevilDriver

Postby DevilDriver » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:45 am

glad it's working for you marshall. haven't seen you there recently.

odd that he knew that might be a solution but never thought of it before...
Francious70

Postby Francious70 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:01 am

Hmm, I may have to try that, just for cleaning sake.
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:35 pm

You'd think that "extra insulation" of yours would keep you warm. I know it always keeps me warm when we snuggle.
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
black00

Postby black00 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:41 pm

josh95PW wrote:You'd think that "extra insulation" of yours would keep you warm. I know it always keeps me warm when we snuggle.

You call it snuggle?
I call it punking in your schtup-ole
That warmth is from the friction i make in your manhole from me ramming my short arm in and out of you, not the Sound deadening and my Adidas Jacket...
Now...this ain't the HH so don't start your gaypostfarting in here..
black00

Postby black00 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:43 pm

Punk0Rama wrote:glad it's working for you marshall. haven't seen you there recently.

odd that he knew that might be a solution but never thought of it before...

ME EITHER!

I gave a big thanks on that one man...i been suffering in the winter months for a while...
I was so happy....
I can actually take a couple parts back to autozone and get my money back...and NOT worry about freezing and not being able to see out my glass this winter...yay for me!
Jakezor

Postby Jakezor » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:11 pm

It gets cold enough to need heat down there?
black00

Postby black00 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:15 pm

Jakezor wrote:It gets cold enough to need heat down there?

it was like 20 degrees this morning.
Jakezor

Postby Jakezor » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:30 pm

Time to bust out the windbreaker! lol j/k.

From the way it cooked us when we were down there, I wasn't sure how diverse your climate is.
Francious70

Postby Francious70 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:36 pm

We have 4 real seasons here. Hot as hell in the summer, and cold as **** in the winter. Spring and Fall are in-between.

" wrote: it was like 20 degrees this morning.

Quite a change of pace from the 80* weather we were having last week, huh?

Return to “Automotive Performance”