New Car Time!

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:20 pm

Get the mirrors painted, and the roof bar if you want (must have dark tinted windows for this though, so you're good, I personally like the black though).

Chrome Z06 wheels, Ultra Z hood, factory ground effects (or is that the Xenon kit?), not too shabby. A little too busy for my tastes but still a good looking car nonetheless.

Any performance mods done to it, or pretty much a "show" car? And the big question, automatic or 6 speed (fast and trouble free vs. slow and trouble ridden if you ever drag race it)?
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
RADEoN

Postby RADEoN » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:01 pm

It's the Xenon kit, and it's a 6 speed.
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:04 pm

josh95PW wrote:Get the mirrors painted, and the roof bar if you want (must have dark tinted windows for this though, so you're good, I personally like the black though).

Chrome Z06 wheels, Ultra Z hood, factory ground effects (or is that the Xenon kit?), not too shabby. A little too busy for my tastes but still a good looking car nonetheless.

Any performance mods done to it, or pretty much a "show" car? And the big question, automatic or 6 speed (fast and trouble free vs. slow and trouble ridden if you ever drag race it)?

he quoted the perf mods: an SLP exhaust, K&N intake, and a modified mass air flow sensor ;)

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
RADEoN

Postby RADEoN » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:34 pm

they're not really performance mods, but, it's a start.
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:43 pm

Just enjoy the car then, dont get too tied up on taking it to the strip unless you're ready to put a heavy duty clutch, new Ford 9" or Strange/Moser 12 bolt rear, and a new torque arm in it. All those things can break with a stock 6 speed car, and the more sticky your tires are the more prone they are to bust.

And ditch that modified MAF. Bad, bad business. Get a stock MAF or an SLP 85mm MAF.

josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:45 pm

josh95PW wrote:Just enjoy the car then, dont get too tied up on taking it to the strip unless you're ready to put a heavy duty clutch, new Ford 9" or Strange/Moser 12 bolt rear, and a new torque arm in it. All those things can break with a stock 6 speed car, and the more sticky your tires are the more prone they are to bust.

And ditch that modified MAF. Bad, bad business. Get a stock MAF or an SLP 85mm MAF.

And I'm a retard I guess I looked at the first post, saw the pics, and went right into typing without reading the details. :cwm11:

Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:01 pm

josh95PW wrote:... I'm a retard...

I agree, and here's your sign...Image

Big Mack
nismo

Postby nismo » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:42 pm

Can someone explain why Josh's SN shows up as Josh99ta, yet when you quote him, its josh95pw?

Eric :)
ridge

Postby ridge » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:04 pm

Just thought I'd add a little something after I heard you were considering a CTS-V.

The CTS-V is an AMAZING drive. I drove one around for a weekend and that's all I wanted to do: drive the damn thing. It's extremely comfortable. I was impressed with the options and power it came with from the factory.

In my opinion, the CTS-V is a much more classy car as well. Back in my home town of 93,000, modified Camaro's are a dime a dozen. I've only seen one CTS-V here in Chicago though.
- Eclipse - DEI - Image Dynamics - Resonant Engineering - Adire Audio -

"Hmm... nice speaker... should move air... cool." - jlaine, mast0r of all uber l33t n00bs
RADEoN

Postby RADEoN » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:13 am

I'm 19 years old, do I really need a 54,000 dollar car right now?

Return to “Automotive Performance”