NOS in a 2 stroke?

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
jnespappa

Postby jnespappa » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:37 am

josh99ta wrote:Wet shot, doesn't matter about fuel vs air because the system puts both in.

Dry shot, yes it is important. The car needs to be running richer and also needs to have a tighter spark plug gap to handle the juice to avoid detonation and leaning out and still be safe on the juice.

Ah good points. What is the difference between wet and dry shots. Different injection point?

BTW, I found out I can still order a Honda MR50 engine (in parts) and I'm waiting for a price estimate. Hee heeeeeee.
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:35 pm

Dry Shot = Nitrous ONLY, your existing fuel system has to be up to the task of supplying enough fuel for the shot. If you're fuel system is up to the task (and the motor will run rich when not on the squeeze) a dry system is almost a fool-proof setup. Very easy to just throw on and go.

Wet Shot = Nitrous AND fuel in the spray. As long as your pump is up to it, wet shots are easier to tune as you can put the amount of nitrous you want through the engine and then just adjust the size of the jet on the fuel side to get the proper air/fuel ratio. Wet shots "hit" harder than dry shots do, and as a result usually produce a little more power and quite a bit more torque. The biggest disadvantage is the need of an aftermarket high flow fuel pump to supply enough fuel for the "wet" side of the nitrous, and the risk of the mixture puddling in the entire and shooting a fireball out of your throttle body.

In general, if you feel comfortable running either shot, a wet shot is better IMO. It'll yield better results, and as long as you dont have a puddling problem (pick a good injection point), it's safer against detonation since the system supplies the right mixture of nitrous AND fuel to the engine.
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:44 pm

im not a fan of wet shots, ive seen too many cars go up in flames.
I was refering to diesles and no nitros benefit UNLESS the diesle engine is running rich (in which case is spews black smoke). this is why most nitros systems on "stock" diseles are acompanied by propane injection.
ridge

Postby ridge » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:06 pm

Yes, I've seen it done on a 2 stroke snowmobile before...

Entertaining, to say the least.
- Eclipse - DEI - Image Dynamics - Resonant Engineering - Adire Audio -

"Hmm... nice speaker... should move air... cool." - jlaine, mast0r of all uber l33t n00bs

Return to “Automotive Performance”