2009 Camaro... REAL pics

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
NDGeist

Postby NDGeist » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:42 pm

Real or not, why the hell would anyone make a car where the front had a hairlip? The front end right side doesnt even come close to ligning up with the left side...
Mis-spellers of the world, untie!
There are only 10 types of people in the world,
those who understand binary, and those who don't.
nismo

Postby nismo » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:39 pm

nourdmrolnmt1 wrote:they HAVE to cost only the same as the mustang, what makes you think that IRS is that much more expensive than Solid?

Uhh...more parts = more machining and tooling = lots more money

You can get a V8 mustang for like $22k well equipped...the camaro's were several $k above that for a basic V8. GM charges a crapload for stuff, and ends up with chintzy fit and finish.

NDGeist wrote:Real or not, why the hell would anyone make a car where the front had a hairlip? The front end right side doesnt even come close to ligning up with the left side...

My guess is that in order for them to do it, they decided to try 2 different designs on a very similar car. Not a bad idea IMO. Too bad GM waters down 99% of the cars they bring to market, and then charges way too much for them.

Eric
MValley70

Postby MValley70 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:50 pm

Like the Mustangs you say....well they are trying to go back to the retro look like the mustang....and if you go back and look the 60's mustangs and Camaros looked alike.....it is natural to look alike....they went oposite directions in the 70's-90's though

Scott, SC
University of South Carolina Student and football player

AIM S/N.....MrMorganUSC

::$600 Set up::
CDA-9856
IPOD full speed interface
Oz audio Matrix 130cs
ID10v3 D4
MTX 5400X
Coustic XM-5e crossover
Justin W
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciúncula, California

Postby Justin W » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:28 am

Bandwagon...

What is it with Chevy? Couple years late again? First the HHR and now this?
Eh, it's okay I guess.

We'll see how it looks 3 years from now when it comes out.
Justin W

Listen with your ears... not someone else's.
Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:27 am

design does nothing for me, the back is too vettish, not that the vette is bad, it just doesn't flow with the rest to me.

And the suspension does kinda look IRS, looks like the ford 5 link design. Upright shock/spring with forward control stabilizers and the orange "item" under the diff looks almost like a tie between, I'm not 100% its a great setup.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.
nourdmrolnmt1

Postby nourdmrolnmt1 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:20 pm

NDGeist wrote:Real or not, why the hell would anyone make a car where the front had a hairlip? The front end right side doesnt even come close to ligning up with the left side...

thats normal design standard in the industry.

its a clay model, and you make one side of two different ideas.

that way you can compare them to each other while saving costs.

add a mirror and you have a full car.
god knows what im gunna do
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:59 pm

done. GR
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:14 pm

Much thanks Greer. The initial leaked site is already in big time hot water over leaking the photos. Just trying to save SIN some headaches and the inital site any further problems.

WeDgE

Postby WeDgE » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:22 pm

If they've already been leaked, what good is it going to do to delete them...lol
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:29 pm

To minimize the leak Wedge. With the financial situation of GM they need everything going their direction that they can get. This isn't some game to them. 9 plants were shut down and thousands upon thousands of people were laid off because of their current financial situation. They either need to go up or down in the future, and for everyone's well being going up would be the obvious direction of choice.

From Scott Settlemeir (Camaro Brand Manager), direct from the source regarding the CamaroZ28.com message board from letting the pictures be posted and stay posted over there...

First.....thank you Jason [Debler] and Chris [Frezza] for 'doing the right thing"........you could have increased your web traffic by a huge margin yesterday, but you once again have proved to many many people that you are --both of you-- a class act. I'm truly grateful.

To my fellow enthusiasts. I think I'm pleased, for the most part, as to the comments I'm hearing. Yes, there will always be a few that have harsh words....that's to be expected. I still look forward with great relish to watching the faces and expressions of my fellow enthusiasts as they see the concept in person for the first time....(you have no idea of how much I look forward to it.......)

Now.........why am I upset? (let's forget the Corp. position for a moment, shall we?)

How many times have you met someone......and your first impression was "Well, if he/she wasn't

>all sweaty/dressed poorly/bad-hair-day/20 pounds overweight/bad mood/ --insert anything bad here -- <

...........he/she would be a knockout...........

See what I mean? First impressions are oh-so important. We did not get the chance to control a first impression. The pictures you saw are obviously not of a finished product.

WE won't go into the financial impact this will have on GM....but suffice to say it will.

We do want your input.......but there's a proper way to get that. Your input, believe it or not, has been somewhat compromised in that, again, you did not see a finished product.

Moreover, it started a firestorm of controversy on several sites..and people started flinging insults back and forth.....and in a few cases, some close friends were summarily flamed beyond recognition. Because of someones' (that's plural, by the way) poor judgement, people are now mad at each other. That is even MORE unfortunate.

So........yup.......I am beyond angry at the GM or contract employee that allowed these photos to be posted. I suppose I will eventually lose some of my anger at a few webmasters that also played a part in this scenario.

All that said..........I hope you like what you saw. It is not the finished concept...and moreover, you can never adequately or fairly judge a product by a picture......esp. one like you saw. I hope that each of you will get to see the concept in person as it tours the country to several autoshows and events.......and that you are even more excited and enthused.

I hope that there's a lot of good that comes from this unfortunate experience......and that now, most, if not all of you can plainly see that 'The Future Indeed Looks Bright!"

Return to “Automotive Performance”