2009 Camaro... REAL pics

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:43 pm

josh95PW wrote:To minimize the leak Wedge. With the financial situation of GM they need everything going their direction that they can get. This isn't some game to them. 9 plants were shut down and thousands upon thousands of people were laid off because of their current financial situation. They either need to go up or down in the future, and for everyone's well being going up would be the obvious direction of choice.

While I'm sure your heart is in the right place, let's keep in mind that those same people are the ones who fought for years as part of a union that refuses to change or be realistic about the state of the world today. As people live longer, costs are going to change, but yet they insist on the same benefits and what not as those who would live to 66 and croak. It's a debate for another thread, though, so I'll leave it at that.

Big Mack
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

"I've got mail!! Yay!!" --Special Ed

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

To my fallen brethren, you are NOT forgotten. To the usurpers of freedom, you are NOT forgiven!!
WeDgE

Postby WeDgE » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:27 pm

josh95PW wrote:To minimize the leak Wedge.

No ****, lol.

The point I was making is that the pictures are already leaked...they'll never be "secret" again...
nismo

Postby nismo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:30 pm

Yup, and I stored them on my flash drive for when they got removed here :)

Eric
nourdmrolnmt1

Postby nourdmrolnmt1 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:58 pm

hint hint on the photos:

forums.anandtech.com

search camaro.

boom
god knows what im gunna do
WeDgE

Postby WeDgE » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:14 pm

^^ Better delete his post....He's perpetuating the cycle!!
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:22 pm

nismo wrote:Uhh...more parts = more machining and tooling = lots more money

You can get a V8 mustang for like $22k well equipped...the camaro's were several $k above that for a basic V8. GM charges a crapload for stuff, and ends up with chintzy fit and finish.

I beg to differ. Show me another car that performs near the corvette with all of the same features as the standard vette for near the price.
Now Show me a vehicle with 1/2 the performance/features of the c6 z06 for the price.

The old Camaro's/firebird's not only looked better than the mustangs but where in the price range of the old GT's and out-performed them by far.

The Cobra was inching on the old vette in price, but not in standard features and the vette was still a better performer.

Back to today, the z06 is faster than the ford GT, costs 1/2 as much, and you get all the comfort items.

If the '09 Camaro really looks like that GM is taking a step i nthe wrong direction. They are trying to give mustang looks with the retro theme. GM needs to stay away form the retro theme, IMO. The old cars looked good, the new cars looked good...trying to mix them makes them look like an old lady with a lot of plastic surgery, completly artificial and nowhere near the originals or the past "modern" designs.

As already stated, GM is on the down slide anyway. Cadillac is trying to go the Mercedes direction instead of providing large luxury cars for old people, they are trying to provide large luxury cars that perform for middleaged business men... but the business men still view it as a GM prodcuts and the Benz is still the Benz.
GMC's only good product are their trucks and you can get a very similar truck (same engine and all just lesser interior) from Chevy for a lower cost...so you are paying for the GMC badge. also you can get just as good or better from dodge and ford. Pontiac.... i dont know WTF they is going on over there. Chevy has some fugly econo/family cars the need to be shat on, when companies like Toyota/Honda/Nissan can cover it with better dependability, warranty, and looks.
Buick is still buick....wanna be Caddi, which is kinda ironic now :cwm22:
As far as performance is concerned...Dodge is stepping it up with their SRT Line and i can beleive the SRT-8 is something to talk about. so now all chevy has that nobody else has is the Vett/z06... wether or not it can be taken down i dont know....even if ford could step it up its still a ford and the z06 is still a z06 and its still a mid 11sec car for 60k with features equivilant to low-mid BMW...
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:08 pm

Scott Settlemeire has said the dogs are called off and said it's now OK for the pics to go up on the net. Just a heads up so they can be posted back up in the original post.

Just wanted to give the heads up yesterday when Settlemeire was ****ed about the situation to save SIN any legal trouble for having the pics up.
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
Dibiase M.

Postby Dibiase M. » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:53 pm

why don't the a**holes at GM do something that actually looks good?

like the concept in the pictures i've attached...

oh yeah... because something like that might actually be popular... GM is the Amtrak of car manufacturers these days... a trainwreck just waiting to happen...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:12 pm

Its a clay model, two different halves actually, so nothing is set in stone yet and the design is bound to change at least a little if not alot. Wait until you see the finished product to be so judgemental.

And that is one of the uglier Camaro concepts. You want to see some real ones, check these out...

http://www.arkansascamaro.com/2007camaro.html
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way

1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
Dibiase M.

Postby Dibiase M. » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:33 pm

s**t, any of those would work in my opinion, except for the one in the 4th picture (looks too much like the last camaros, which didn't sell horribly well)

come on Josh, you know GM has a horrible way of taking concepts and watering them down for the final version

Return to “Automotive Performance”