Got a little question.

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
vfootballphs

Got a little question.

Postby vfootballphs » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:48 pm

Hey guys. While going about 70 awhile ago, I had my hand resting on my shifter(car is auto) which was in neutral(i was coasting down a hill just for the heck of it) And I made to put it into drive and accidently put it in reverse. Don't ask how, I don't know myself. I guess I just wasn't thinking. Anyway. I felt a very small lurch, like when you tap the breaks to turn cruise off and the car died. It kept going foreward just fine though. I simply put it in neutral again, restarted the car and was off on my way. I tested everything out, did some hard starts to make sure there was no slippage, reverse and foreward, and there was none. Nothing at all seems to be wrong. The check engine light isnt even on. My car is a 99 nissan sentra by the way. My question is, Is there some sort of protection built in that keeps the car from getting screwed up? Thanks.
NDGeist

Postby NDGeist » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:23 pm

Try it again and again until something breaks? That way the part you might have damaged gets replaced...

That's the best advice i've got, Don't press that button when your hand is on the shifter. or don't screw around... either way
Mis-spellers of the world, untie!
There are only 10 types of people in the world,
those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:27 pm

Most likely gave the torque converter a real good **** kicking... Hopefully it's okay, though.

Adam
Found something better.
SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
rawkus2g

Postby rawkus2g » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:42 am

Atomic Fusion wrote:Most likely gave the torque converter a real good **** kicking... Hopefully it's okay, though.

Adam

I agree... prob slipped the clutches all to hell, but your probably gonna be alright.
Dan
Chris Rock "You know what it means when they pay you minimum wage? You know what their trying to tell you? It's like hey! If I could pay you less, I would"
"...we have to many repeat offenders. The jails are so nice they come back twice. You gotta make jails tough. You gotta make this an experience they'll never forget. Cause they don't have this problem in other countries... They don't have this problem in Iran. Cause it's hard to snatch another purse if you don't have another ******* hand."

Return to “Automotive Performance”