The Trans Am: New Camera, New Pictures

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
josh99ta

The Trans Am: New Camera, New Pictures

Postby josh99ta » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:14 pm

This was my first time out with my sister's camera (4MP Canon Power Shot A520) so I was getting used to it. My current digicam is a Sony DSC-P51 2MP four year old hunk of junk.

The car isn't very clean either, just did a quick spray at the car wash, no detailing work to make it really shine so you'll have to excuse the lack of luster in the finish. It's been cold and I'm not diehard enough to freeze my fingers off to have a freshly polished car.

The camera is still a point-and-shoot, but it has some good features that will make for some very good high res photos as soon as my tripod comes in to stabilize it so I can take advantage of those features. With a stable camera I can really bump up the features to take full advantage of the camera while still keeping the focus sharp and really bring out the most of the colors in the picture, all while keeping noise out of the pictures. I had the features up a little on these and its obvious by looking at the full size pics that I'll need the tripod to really get the most out of it (I dont have steady hands so these aren't as near as sharp as they should be if I were using a tripod).
2006 Pontiac GTO :: Stock and Staying That Way
1999 Pontiac Trans Am :: Gone but Not Forgotten
chicago23

Postby chicago23 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:10 pm

nice car
WeDgE

Postby WeDgE » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:57 am

Actually looks red instead of pink... :cwm18:

I have the same camera too, gf bought it for my b-day...love the thing. :)
dak0ta_g33k

Postby dak0ta_g33k » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:55 am

looking awesome... i wish T/As were still being produced, one of my favorite GM cars. no sexy tail shot?
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:12 am

I was just testing out some new techniques so no tail shot. The next time I go out shooting I'll be getting all sorts of angles so stay tuned...

WeDgE wrote:Actually looks red instead of pink... :cwm18:

I have the same camera too, gf bought it for my b-day...love the thing. :)

I know. Polarized filters are a God-send, even if they are makeshift (I used my Oakley's over the lens of the camera as a polarized filter). Cuts down on all that retarded glare cameras pick up and makes it look right instead of washed out pink or glare-riffic orange.

WeDgE

Postby WeDgE » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:43 pm

It's a bit OT, but how much rwhp and rwtq does your T/A have, Josh?
chicago23

Postby chicago23 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:53 pm

i think its rated at like 325 hp
chicago23

Postby chicago23 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:54 pm

do you have tints or is it just the shots?
josh99ta

Postby josh99ta » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:25 pm

Windows are tinted, only 35% though I think. Not exactly sure, the tint was on the car when I bought it.

Stock: 282 rwhp, 304 rwtq

A little underrated from the factory. ;) At the engine it was rated at 305/330, hardly an 18% drivetrain lose from the automatic. :)

WeDgE wrote:It's a bit OT, but how much rwhp and rwtq does your T/A have, Josh?

Converter was unlocked so the numbers are scewed. They're fun to brag about, but RWHP numbers don't mean **** to me honestly. Track times and trap speeds tell the real story. 11.97 @ 113. If anything on the dyno is worth anything, it's the area under the curve. And you need a graph to appreciate that...

Sound_Miata
Location: From the secret hideout of the VAST right wing conspiracy

Postby Sound_Miata » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:18 pm

trussville??? DUDE, what you doin down there? stop by trussville mazda in the parts, tell marshall I said hey, he's a good mazda parts guy (sure you need one ;) )

oh yeah, good photos.

-Greer
*Winner of the Beastly 1000th AND 2000th Post*
slappin momma llama on the backside-Joshie-Poo :-D

Vendors: We will allow you to break the laws of physics and the second law of thermodynamics so long as you provide us with a working model.

Return to “Automotive Performance”