price of tint from local stereo shop ...

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
kevox

Postby kevox » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:50 pm

Well after all this talk...here's the end result:)

edit x2: removing pics cause I forgot to blank out my license plate..
edit x3: alright, lets try this again.
And here's what it kinda looks like from the inside. It actually looks a lot more visible when you're sitting in the car looking back at it. I love it, everytime I look in the rearview mirror I see the logo very clearly:D

I have limo tint (5%) on the rear window and 20% on the front windows and I LOVE how it turned out!
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
John

Postby John » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:30 pm

Francious70 wrote:Demon Hunter huh? I can't believe somebody else has heard of them. Most people laugh when you use the words "Christian Members/Christian Label" and "Hardcore/Rock"

There are quite a few of them out there... Its a growing area, I can see many bands crossing over as other (foremerly) secular groups have in other genres, but with the secularity of it, both christian and hardcore, I cannot see many getting that huge... but with things like tom fest and cornerstone who knows...

As for demon hunter; I've heard them and of them as well...You're suprised others have? For christ's sake, they play at least one of their videos on mtv2 with their other hardcore material, and they play them on headbangers ball...

Anyway, logos, on the exterior of most cars, just do not look good to me...Some of the logos I have seen done in the tint itself is interesting, but still does not look that good...I've got other opinions as to logos/etc I'll keep to myself, but whatever...

I should really go get a perscription/letter so I can put whatever tint on...sounds like a good idea...
John

Postby John » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:29 am

Decided to read through MN tint laws again...

section 169.71, Subd. 4.

(b) This subdivision does not apply to glazing materials which:

(3) are applied to:

ii) the rear windows or the side windows on either side
behind the driver's seat of a van as defined in section 168.011,
subdivision 28;

section 168.011, Subd. 28. Van. "Van" means any vehicle of box-like design with no barrier or separation between the operator's area and the remainder of the cargo-carrying area, and with a manufacturer's nominal rated carrying capacity of three-fourths ton or less.

...As far as I am concerned, that would definitely include a suv, and also possibly a station wagon or even a few hatchbacks...hmmm...
kevox

Postby kevox » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:21 pm

[quote="John"]Decided to read through MN tint laws again...

section 169.71, Subd. 4.

(b) This subdivision does not apply to glazing materials which:

(3) are applied to:

ii) the rear windows or the side windows on either side
behind the driver's seat of a van as defined in section 168.011,
subdivision 28]
So if that law is the same here in WA, it is legal to have limo tint on all the rear windows and if I ever get pulled over and told to remove my tint, I only have to remove the tint on the front windows? Sweet...although I wouldn't remove it so much as take the ticket...
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
John

Postby John » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:03 pm

kevox wrote:So if that law is the same here in WA

probably not...plus your vehicle is not exactly box shaped...
Stainless40cal

Postby Stainless40cal » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:14 am

wow thats a fair amount of change for tint man.... It ran me about $180 to get all my windows 5% except windshield on my eclipse.......

Return to “Automotive Performance”