price of tint from local stereo shop ...

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
--m--

Postby --m-- » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:58 am

The yellow car (same kind but different car) is a little eqsier to see through. Still illegal. 2'away you'll see a sillouhette of anybody in the car...but no detail. In all honesty if you drive your can a lot the tintas below 10% aren't the best idea. Backing up the black one at night was a PITA cause you couldn't see anything behind it. I ended up with some nice halogen backup bulbs that were a lot brighter. Helped...but still a pain.
Once you've hit rock bottom there's only one way to go....sideways
kevox

Postby kevox » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:43 pm

--m-- wrote:The yellow car (same kind but different car) is a little eqsier to see through. Still illegal. 2'away you'll see a sillouhette of anybody in the car...but no detail. In all honesty if you drive your can a lot the tintas below 10% aren't the best idea. Backing up the black one at night was a PITA cause you couldn't see anything behind it. I ended up with some nice halogen backup bulbs that were a lot brighter. Helped...but still a pain.
Good to know....good to know. I'll definitely be looking into 20% when I go shopping somewhere that is not a ripoff!
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
kevox

Postby kevox » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:42 am

Well I got a referral from a guy who works at Magnolia Audio-Video to this place called "Elite Tinting". I called the guy up and asked him a few questions...seems nice. His prices are MUCH better than the ones I got in town too! He said it'd be about $75 to remove the back tint (I wasn't inquiring about the front windows at the time) and around $125 to get 20% put on it. And then I emailed him a special design that I really want to incorporate into the tint and he said he'd have a response by tomorrow (well today technically; it is 12:41am:p). So....I'm lookin at some new tint very shortly I'ma thinkin':D I just hope I can afford the special design ... edit: and they also have a website - although I don't see much on it - at http://www.elitetinting.com
Sinister Audio

Postby Sinister Audio » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:08 am

i have 2.5% on my mustang and never got pulled over around here. and in a bright sunny day you can barely see in which is awsome.
kevox

Postby kevox » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:17 pm

Well I finally got the quote. $300 for all 5 windows to be tinted with 20% and have my special graphic incorporated into the rear window. I just have to go to kinkos (or somewhere that also does this) and get the image blown up so they can trace it.

I'm hoping it will be done well within 2 weeks:)
fugyaself

Postby fugyaself » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Wow its expensive there.

I paid $150 for I think 10% all around. They only charge $100 to remove old tint too. What I have is pretty dark. If I had to do it over again I would do 20%. Its difficult to drive at night.
"Part of understanding is actually comprehending the reasoning behind the statements, not just the grammatical structure." - Dan Wiggins

"And no, dont smoke your cone - either acidentally or on purpose" - Kyle

Americanism
kevox

Postby kevox » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:04 pm

fugyaself wrote:Wow its expensive there.

I paid $150 for I think 10% all around. They only charge $100 to remove old tint too. What I have is pretty dark. If I had to do it over again I would do 20%. Its difficult to drive at night.

Well I agree that $220 for tint all around could be a bit less but don't forget that $300 is with a special graphic I have in mind...

This one to be exact - http://merchdirect.net/x/c/product.php?productid=5546&cat=&page=1
Francious70

Postby Francious70 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:05 pm

I paid $50 to get my front two windows tinted in my Blazer with 20%. It's startin to purple out, so I need to get it redone.
MorbidDK

Postby MorbidDK » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:57 pm

black300zx wrote:Nope - 70% is the lowest you can get legally in my area. It literally looks like saran wrap. That being said, i've never once gotten hassled for it in 2 years. Cops around me only will hassle you for it if they're looking for a reason to pull you over. In fact, i was pulled over for an illegal left turn last feb or march. It was night and my windows were up. I rolled both front windows down after i pulled over, and the cop didn't question me about it, even though it was about 30 out:cwm12:

Actually, there is no official law in PA regarding tint levels. 70% is kind of the assumed as its listed as 70% in Table X but its never been made law. Table X is essentially a Safety Bulletin which states recommendations, that and its meant for Inspection Stations only. Here's Table X Explained. There are some area's where cops like to use Table X as law and either force people to remove the tint or get ticketed/fined. Any person who can obtain proper documentation from either Title 75 of PA Statutes article 4524 (e)(1) or PA Administrative Code Title 67 - Chapter 175.67 (d)(4),can clearly show any judicial official that there are no actual laws regarding tint levels.
X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:00 pm

Why are you getting a pattern on your tint? Seems kinda.......I will just leave it at that.

Return to “Automotive Performance”